Hello, sunny441. My nickname is Nevan and I will be helping you getting your system back on its electronic feet.
Before we get started, please keep these things in mind:
- Always read every part of my post carefully. If you don't, you may do something wrong and there could be more problems to solve.
- If your security programs give you any warnings when using tools I asked you to, don't be afraid. Every tool I provide to you is 100% safe.
- Only run tools that I ask you to. Some of them can be dangerous to your system as they have much power.
- You should save or print my instructions. It is possible that we will be using Safe mode, which will cut you off from your internet connection and without access to them, you might be stuck.
- Malware removal is a complicated process that takes multiple steps to be completed. Don't give up, be patient.
- The tools we are going to use and your software may cause unwanted interactions. Because of that, I recommend you to make backups of any important files from your machine before proceeding as they might be lost.
- I recommend you to stay with me until I tell you that we are done. It is important because when your system does not show any bad symptoms anymore it does not mean that it is 100% clean.
- Your time to reply is limited. If you don't reply within 3 days, your topic will be closed and you will have to request it to be reopened by contacting one of Moderator group members with the link to this topic.
- Every program I ask you to download should be saved to and run from desktop. If you don't know how to choose the direction of where a download is saved, check this site. You can also just copy these programs to your desktop manually and then run them from there.
- Remember that the fixes I give you are only for your machine. Using it on other systems may (and probably will) cause problems.
- Finally, if you have any questions or are unsure about something, just ask. I will not blame you for it. It is better to ask rather than regret it later.
Also, please note that I'm currently in training, so my answers to you will have to be checked first by an experienced helper before I can post them. This can lengthen the time between my answers to you, but in return you will have an extra person reviewing your log.
Let's get started
Could you please tell me if this happens only in Firefox? Are other browsers affected?
Also, I'd like to have a look at your system. Please, do the following:
Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop. There are two different versions:
- Click here to download the 32-bit version.
- Click here to download the 64-bit version.
If you don't know which version you should use, download one of them and check if it's working or not. If it doesn't, download the second one. Once you have the right one, perform the instructions below.
- Right click FRST.exe (or FRST64.exe) and click Run as administrator. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Make sure that Addition.txt is checked and press the Scan button.
- It will produce two logs - one called FRST.txt and another one called Addition.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
- Select all (CTRL+A) the content of the logs, copy them (CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) them into your next reply.
Things that should appear in your next post:
- FRST.txt log content
- Addition.txt log content