Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hi need help?

• Please log in to reply

Mari123

Mari123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I need help on my Windows 7 laptop when i unplug it turns off ?,
In the screen it has red icon x and says plugged in and charging?but it's not?I can only use it while plugged in :(

Edited by Mari123, 18 February 2015 - 08:15 PM.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Mari,

:welcome:

Make and model of laptop, please. Check when plugged in, in control panel power option settings for when on battery, look into advanced settings too.

How old is battery for this laptop, what are you saying in the screen has red X icon says plugged in and charging, you had 2 question marks, not sure i understand asking or telling us ?

Is there anything when it is plugged in shows you amount of battery life in a bar graph  ? How much or any ?  Heard some cases remove battery, hold power button for 10 seconds then replace battery.

Possible battery is no good, or something in power options, does help us more have make and model number of laptop.