Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

• Please log in to reply

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

I uninstalled this as I was following directions someone gave me and now i can't seem to get it back. Can someone help with this. I should have came here first. I have windows 7 premium 64 bit.

I was getting and code 10. Could not get my printer to work wirelessly. Thank you

ginnyjoe

Edited by ginnyjoe, 19 February 2015 - 06:47 PM.

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Hi ginnyjoe :)

The Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface driver is a Microsoft Windows driver using for IPv6 support. So except if your whole network and network adapter are configured to use IPv6, you don't need that adapter and it's normal for it to be tagged as "in error" in the Device Manager.

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

It must be using IPv6 because it does not work. I cannot print anything without the Teredo. Where can I get it and install it. I keep looking for it on the internet but can't seem to find the correct answer.

ginnyjoe

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
I'm sure that the issue is somewhere else :)

mYEYEX7.pngDevice Manager
Follow the instructions below for your version of Windows to open the Device Manager and list the Other devices present in it;
  • On Windows XP, right-click on My Computer, then go to the Hardware tab and click on Device Manager;
  • On Windows Vista and Windows 7, open the Windows Start Menu, right-click on Computer and select Properties;
  • On Windows 8, bring your cursor in the bottom-left corner of the screen, wait for the metro preview to show then right-click on it and select Device Manager;
  • On Windows 8.1, right-click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen and select Device Manager;
  • From the System window, click on Device Manager in the left pane;
  • List every devices showing under Other devices. If nothing shows, you might have to click on the little arrow on the left to make the list appear;

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

I did a restore and got my teredo back. By the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface is a yellow exclamation mark which was there when I uninstalled it. So I cannot use my printer with it this way. Any suggestions?

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Follow the instructions in my precedent post, I can assure you that this adapter doesn't prevent you from using your printer, the problem lies elsewhere :)

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

There is nothing that says other devices. I would send you a snip of it if you would tell me how to put in an attachment.

ginnyjoe

Edited by ginnyjoe, 20 February 2015 - 01:36 PM.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Here's how to take a screenshot:

How to take a screenshot using the Snipping Tool
Follow the instructions below to take a screenshot using Windows' Snipping Tool:
  • Press on the Win Key + R to open the Run box;
  • Enter SnippingTool and press on Enter;
  • The Snipping Tool will open, asking you to choose the area to take in the screenshot;
  • Left click on the area where you want to start the screenshot, keep it, and drag the cursor across the screen;
  • Once done, release the left button to take the screenshot;
  • In the editing window, click on the File menu then Save As;
  • Save the screenshot in a folder that you can access easily;
  • Once done, attach that screenshot to your next reply;

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Yes I already have the screenshot but cannnot see how I attach it.

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

ok found it. had to open options. Sorry it took so long.

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
I don't see your attached screenshot. Looks like you didn't attach it.

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

sorry here it is.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Here's instructions on how to set up your printer to be used wirelessly:

http://h30434.www3.h...er/td-p/1078101

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

I used the disc that came with the printer. Still not working. I checked to see if I have a wps button on the router but no there isn't one. Pretty frustrating. I have wpa encryption so I don't know where to go from here.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
When you go in Printer and Devices, then search for a printer manually, does your printer comes up or not?