Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setting the Master Volume in Visual Basic.NET Express 2010

• Please log in to reply

Alan1998

Alan1998

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Hello,

so I'm pulling a prank on a few teachers around here. It's time for a little payback from one of the other teachers. I've taken it upon myself to create a Visual Studios project, which works. The only thing left is to max sure the Volume is set too 100%.

Preferably, this would be done inside the Form1_load. I've been scouring the internet for answers, but having issues finding stuff that works.

(The program is designed to open an Internal Browser, which opens a "Screamer" website. It's designed to scare the living daylight out of them. It's also being set to run everytime he logs in through the registry.)

(The registry is being modified by me (I've set the code for it, just needs to be approved and implemented by a Technician, as I can't modify that part)

Edited by Alan1998, 20 February 2015 - 07:27 AM.

Advertisements

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

It's all fun and games until someone busts an eardrum.

Be careful.

Alan1998

Alan1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Very true. It doesn't make anything better that I'm already hearing impaired. I'll have the co-inspiring teacher make sure first :-)

ident

ident

• PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

I will request Administrators approval before i post any solutions. This may be breaking the forums TOS.

Please stay out of the registry as this can cause disastrous effects on a system if you do not know what you are doing.

Alan1998

Alan1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

I will request Administrators approval before i post any solutions. This may be breaking the forums TOS.

If it is breaking ToS, sorry :-(.

Please stay out of the registry as this can cause disastrous effects on a system if you do not know what you are doing.

As for this, I know how and what to modify. I'm only adding 1 REG_SZ Key pointing to a file. Plus, I know my way around a computer well enough not to destroy it. I was once a freshman like you :-)

ident

ident

• PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

So whats stopping you from reading MSDN for volume controls? The registry is not taught at basic level and when such a level is reached we can easily solve issue by self research. But unfortunately i have been told i can not help you.

Alan1998

Alan1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

So whats stopping you from reading MSDN for volume controls? The registry is not taught at basic level and when such a level is reached we can easily solve issue by self research. But unfortunately i have been told i can not help you.

I think we've had a bit of a misunderstanding ':-[.. The registry is not being modified through the VB Program, but rather by hand. It will be done with the approval of a Local Technician as well.

As for the MSDN and previous info I have looked at, none of it has worked. However, I will go back and re-read the Scroll Bar Volume control and MSDN's again.