Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer acting strange, Unresponsive pages at times

Windows 7 Firefox Chrome Adobe Flash Player

Best Answer iammykyl , 16 March 2015 - 07:14 PM

Net user,  when enabled, allows access to the original Admin Account instilled with the OS, (now hidden)   It allows you to manage user accounts, users on a Homegroup, computer on a Domai... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

The CD key looks good, it is 5 blocks of 5, so if copy and paste is missing the last block, type it in,(replace the stars)  >CD Key: X****-*****-*****-*****-****J

Advertisements

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

I have tried to use the CD key and also tried to use the product ID leaving the last box empty but neither have worked. So is there a way for me to maby use a different key finder and come up with the right key?

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Don't i need to restart and boot from my flashdrive to finish the Puppy Linux first anyway?

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Don't i need to restart and boot from my flashdrive to finish the Puppy Linux first anyway?

No, you can just click the safely remove from the system tray, then remove the flash drive, you will not need it as you have already done a backup of your data using windrows.

I have just tried this key finder, it works.   Download to the desktop, extract the files, then click the Keyfinder application Icon. see if it is a different key code.

http://sourceforge.n...ce=typ_redirect

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

That CD Key did not work either.. Pffff

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

It may be that the installed Office is a OEM version and download not available.   Unless others have ideas, I am a bit stumped.

You could try the free Open Office Org, that's all I use. Download, > install, > then rright click on a document, > click open with, > select open Office, see if it will be OK for you.   You convert or save to different file types.

No need to download the extra language pack, > https://www.openoffi...load/index.html

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Apologies for my absence folks  :(

Just a heads up on MS Enterprise software, it is not available as a standard digital download as the products are provided and covered by VLKs (Volume Licence Keys) conditions and the end user must use the Volume Licensing Service Center here

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Hi again iammykyl. The Open Office does that use the same format as Microsoft office? I just don't want to get rid of my Office 2007 because i make work and pay schedules that have to be in office format to email and send to branch managers.

Also Hello again phillpower2 I tried the link you posted above, and i do not have or know the original e-mail i used to create my accounts when i bought my pc. I put my new e-mail in there but it comes up as (The business email address provided during registration is not affiliated with an Open License and/or Volume License Agreement.)

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

I have read up on Open office and i think it should work for me. Just have to  get used to its feel i guess. Im downloading it now. 15 minutes to download!! Lol i have 6 minutes left :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

VLKs (Volume Licence Keys) are primarily purchased by businesses and universities etc, was your Enterprise software obtained by someone else on your behalf such as a work colleague or office manager type person.

Advertisements

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

No it was personal. I bought it when i first got my computer i believe i bought it online.

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

If i could somehow get Micro Office back that would be amazing but if i can't i will use this Open office until i build my next computer. it looks to be fairly the same but i have not sent a schedule yet. Only problem i see is maby other people would have problems opening the file, Hope all goes well though. So if i can not get my copy of Microsoft office then i guess im ready to move on to the next step of your list..

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Something i just realized. My volume on my speakers has been turned down so maby i did not notice, Or maby it just started doing this, But when i restart my computer and select the user i would like to use, It brings me to my desktop and a few seconds of being on desktop while my images and programs load in the notification box i have a fast beeping it sounds like 3 fast beeps. i have restarted my pc over and over and it does the same number of beeps each time at the same time. I googled the 3 beeps on startup and got mixed signals. some say its Memory some say it's Hard drive. I just thought i would bring this to your attention for it may or may not be something..

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Leroyman,

Multiple posts will not get you a reply any quicker, as previously asked please use the edit tab if you have something to add while waiting for a reply.

You need to contact Microsoft regarding the Enterprise software, not sure where you purchased the software but it would not be appropriate for it to be sold to a single user by a third party.

Enterprise can only be downloaded under certain conditions, one such location was the media-less download center here

Microsoft Product Activation and Key Information here

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

This has went to far. I thank you both for your time but im done finding keys and calling companies to confirm that i purchased something that i already own. I came here hoping for a quick change but it doesn't seem that would happen. For the record..... Compcav and iammykyl were on here reading the post so i was chose to post a new post rather then to edit my last post. so it showed up in their notifications there was a new reply. It was not to get help faster. So were all clear..

I will use this pc until its time to change to a new one. Thanks again for all your help