Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with virus, malware, reg errors [Solved]

Virus malware registry errors duplicate file overall help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Nevan

Nevan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,765 posts

By errors I meant the one which you get when trying to install Internet Explorer 11, the one which says that process was interrupted and gives you a link to Microsoft website.

Advertisements

Jeremy7777

Jeremy7777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

my god this is frustrating...id say about two hrs trying to figure out how to do the absolute most simple function.. screenshot/attach, WITH APPLE  im not a big apple fan but this is ridiculous, couldn't get screen shot to even work, who knows what I attached, or the size, or if its even what your asking for... (hands on head, banging head on table), internet explorer IS there, when you open it a window pops up and say the process was interrupted, then sends me to http://windows.micro...dwide-languages there went another 20 min trying to fig out how to paste...this is killing me. also I have two files, exactly the same for ie 11 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1232.JPG

Jeremy7777

Jeremy7777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

summery; using iexplorer 10, works fine, have3 iexplorer files all same all interrupted process, there not located in programs/uninstall but I deleted the folders. not sure if that was the right action.  

Nevan

Nevan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,765 posts
Which folders have you deleted?

Jeremy7777

Jeremy7777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

IMG_1264.JPG IMG_1266.JPG IMG_1265.JPG IMG_1263.JPG these pic are the files in downloads and reycle bin files, you can tell which is which from the top of the pic will say downloads, or restore..

Nevan

Nevan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,765 posts
Hello again, Jeremy7777.

Let's try this.

As you've deleted Internet Explorer 11 installer, you have to download it again. You can leave it at Downloads folder.

Step #1
Microsoft Fix-it
  • Visit this site.
  • In the box under Windows 8.1, Windows 8, and Windows 7 click Run Now.
  • Download and run the file then then follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Once you see the message Troubleshooting has completed, click Close the troubleshooter.

Step #2
SafeMode Boot

You should take a photo or print the instructions below as you won't be able to see them.

Restart your computer. After the screen goes black, repeatedly press the F8 key. Advanced Boot Options window should show up.
safe-mode-with-networking.jpg
Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, highlight the option labeled Safe Mode with Networking. Once it is highlighted, press the Enter key on your keyboard.

Step #3
Installing Internet Explorer 11

Look for IE11-Windows6.1.exe file that you've downloaded earlier (should be in Downloads folder), and try to install Internet Explorer 11. Once done, restart your computer and launch it normally.

Things that should appear in your next post:
  • Please tell me if you have successfully installed Internet Explorer 11

Jeremy7777

Jeremy7777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

which ie 11, none of them are exe

Nevan

Nevan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,765 posts
I've posted this before the actual instructions:

As you've deleted Internet Explorer 11 installer, you have to download it again. You can leave it at Downloads folder.

Jeremy7777

Jeremy7777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

i sent you two pics of the error issues with instaling ie 11... wating for a rtesponse bro, cause im not sure if you got the pics

Edited by Jeremy7777, 28 February 2015 - 06:23 PM.

Jeremy7777

Jeremy7777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

did you get the two pics i just sent,?

Advertisements

Nevan

Nevan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,765 posts
The only photos I see from you are these of files in some folders. I don't see any picture of IE 11 errors.

Have you actually tried doing what I've instructed in post #66?

If you have, was the error exactly the same there?

Jeremy7777

Jeremy7777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

yes. ive been trying to send a freaking pic. I've wasted  hrs.rtying to fig it out...IMG_1270.JPG

Jeremy7777

Jeremy7777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Haven't heard from you, just making sure we are still connected.

Nevan

Nevan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,765 posts

I've already told you this:

my answers to you have to be approved by my teacher first. I don't have any influence on his activity.

Please, calm down and send me a PM reminder only if I haven't responded for at least 48 hours.

Jeremy7777

Jeremy7777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
I am calm. Its not polite etiquette to tell someone to calm down when the recipient is already calm. Asking me to calm down implies I'm out of control, frustrated, using abusive language, or not respecting the protocol. Not hearing from you concerns me that I may have connection issues. I only asked if we were still connected. A simple response that yes we r still connected, and you are waiting for your teacher would suffice.