Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question about Spyware, etc.

• Please log in to reply

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Hello,

Problems with Spyware or something like that. Well, first off, I use Microsoft Anti Spyware and I am so glad that I downloaded it or my computer would be full of the this spyware!!!!!! Every so often, I get an message about Apropos Media (Browser Modifier) trying to install. I do a scan and the following always come up:
PeopleOnPage (Browser Modifier)
Apropos Media (Browser Modifier)
IST.ISTbar (Browser Modifier)
I always choose to delete them and they always seem to come back. I need some help here :tazz: . Thank you.

Advertisements

SkyHi

SkyHi

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Hello sir, please do not take offense to what I'm saying.

Well, as you being a 'Geek In Training', you should use your resources before posting here. I did a few simple google searches and found :

PeopleOnPage: http://www.pchell.co...pleonpage.shtml
Apropos Media: http://www3.ca.com/s...px?id=453082799

And I'm working on IST.ISTbar. Just for future reference, you should check your resources :tazz: Remember, I'm just trying to help you with your quest to be a Geek. Oh, and what I searched for. I went to google, and searched for "PeopleOnPage Removal", "Apropos Media Removal", and as I said I'm working on the last.

-SkyHi

SkyHi

SkyHi

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Oh, and also use the site's search. There're many related topics.

-SkyHi

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
I understand what you gave me was to remove it. I do when the Microsoft Anti Spyware prompts me too. It just keeps coming back. I might have fixed. But if you know, please tell me.