Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LONG delay time before my printer responds?

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

My seven year old Dell desktop with XP still works well except for this odd behaviour. When I try to print a Word document (even a very short one), it sometimes takes up to 3 minutes (!) before my printer responds. When it does (finally) respond, the printer works fine.

In practice, this deficiency is not a real problem for me but I <wonder> what might be going on. What could cause that delay? Is there some obvious reason,something that I could easily fix?

I’d appreciate any suggestions.   .... batpark

Advertisements

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Hi there batpark, and :welcome:

Could you please give some more information, like is it a network printer, or a plug into USB port printer?  Also the product number of the printer would also be nice.

Have you tried going to the manufacturers website and see if there is a driver update for the printer?

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Fusionbomb: Thanks for responding. The printer is an HP1050 and it plugs into a USB port on the pc. I have <not> checked to see if there is a driver update; will do so now. ...batpark

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Has this helped you?

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

rockmilk: Thank you for your follow-up note.

Because of some personal problems I have not been able to devote the time to trying the fix you suggested.. I hope to get to it soon and will get back with the results.

... batpark

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

:)