Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer locks up

• Please log in to reply

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Pip
  • 1 posts
<_< I have Bearshare and while using it my computer locks up. Its like I can't recieve any info but I can't do anything even off line till it unlocks and sometimes it never unlocks. I can't do anything including getting the windows task mgr to come up. I have to turn off the computer. Everything seems to be ok then nothing. I have adware, xoft, evidence eliminator, zone alarm, avg. I run them often and have no virus or trojan horses. My computer memory is excellent and if I can get my task mgr open while I am locked up it shows 0% cpu useage. Now sometimes while playing music it locks up for several minutes but usually clicks back in. I have removed bearshare and installed 4.5.594 that is supposed to work better with zonealarm but that didn't work so I reinstalled bearshare pro. What do you think I should try..

Advertisements

freek

freek

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
...Ok, if you're not familiar with most P2P Sharing Programs, most free ones consist of hidden spyware applications. To get rid of this, get Spybot: Search And Destroy, which you can find at: http://security.kolla.de/. And if you MUST have a P2P sharing program, try Soulseek or Warez P2P, Warez and Soulseek can be found at Download.com. I use IRC for my download needs though, but whatever floats your boat <_<.