Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

usb port and dvd drive are reading as the other

• Please log in to reply

nucka057

nucka057

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I tried to recover important data from a damaged external Seagate hd and one method mentioned that I change my computers e: to read as the f:. Now I can no longer get it back to before. So now my DVD drive looks like it's burning data onto the discs but none of the discs will read on any player.

Advertisements

HolyCowZ

HolyCowZ

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Have you tried rolling back your computer to a time when it was all OK?

nucka057

nucka057

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes. I did try going to a restore point but for some reason the last point was after the change was made. I could have swore I had made a few save points before all is the mess but now they're gone. If I can wipe the computer to the factory settings and everything and just save the important files on my external, then I will.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts

:welcome:    nucka057,

We could do with taking a look at Disk Manager, let us know what OS you have so that I can provide the necessary steps for obtaining and attaching a screenshot etc.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts

Not heard back from you nucka057, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.