Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Crashing games

• Please log in to reply

PimpMasta_McNasty

PimpMasta_McNasty

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi. I keep having the same problems all the time. My computer crashes in the middle of a lot of my games. At first I thought my computer couldn't handle some of the newer games like Max Payne 2 or Battlefield Vietnam. But it also happens on older games like Freelancer or Zoo Tycoon. My computer is 2.4 Ghz Pentium4 With 512 pc 2700 RAM and a Radeon 9000 Pro. I have a 400 watt power supply. And a 40 Gb Hard Drive. And the games still crash. The same games were more stable on my old 877 Mhz Pentium 3 with 256 mb RAM and the same GPU. I tend to notice that when my computer restarts after crashing, the cpu temp is 120 degrees. And the fan is very loud. But on an old game like Age of Empires??? I'm also questioning my motherboard made by ACORP. I never heard of them. Plus I can never shutdown my computer normally without stopping a couple of running processes that say DEVLDR.exe which is a file that's in the Creative folder for my Soundblaster live 5.1 I've already run everything. Adaware, Spyhunter, Norton Antivirus, Norton Windoctor, Hijackthis. Sorry I wrote so much. Help me out. By the way, the only game that surprisingly doesn't crash, especially after I downloaded the new ATI Catalyst drivers, is Far Cry. With everything set to medium or High. Odd. <_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Did you uninstall the ATI drivers before installing the new one? If you've upgraded your video card, you may want to try DriverCleaner to remove any old video drivers from your system.