Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video card upgrade Problem

• Please log in to reply

Trust

Trust

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm going from a Radeon 7200 32MB PCI to a Radeon 9250 256MB PCI (AGP slot is shot) and I'm having troubles booting after seating the 9250. Bios is updated, power supply is great (and brand new) and my monitor can handle the new cards refresh rate.

I installed the 9250 in the slot and everything powers up fine, but monitor stays blank, and I get no beeps from my pc. I've reset the bios jumper, but still its still does the same. I've made sure i've seated the card in the pci slot numerous times, and I'm sure it's in all the way. The pc didn't come with on-board graphics, so disabling it is not a factor. I'm under a lot of pressure to get this working. Can anybody save me?

Edited by Trust, 12 June 2005 - 11:33 AM.

Advertisements

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
OK, I'm going to need a little more info from you...

1. Does your original 'Radeon 7200 32MB PCI' still work if you put that back in?

2. When you swapped out the old one did you put the new one in the same PCI slot the old one was in?

3. You said you cleard the CMOS Jumper but did you remove the backup battery as well? Sometimes this works. (just be carefull not to bend the pin that holds it in there when you do this.)

Also, just out of curiosity, why is you AGP slot shot?

--Chris