Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error message when running gunbound

• Please log in to reply

wagy

wagy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I've recently installed the free game gunbound at gunbound.net. It worked fine the first two days, then the 3rd day, while running the game, it constantly gives me this error:

the blue bar at the top says msmsgs.exe- applicatoin error. Then, it says "the instruction at "0x77dd6bf0" referenced memory at "0x5f17001e". The memory could not be "read". click on OK to terminate the program.

I can't figure out why this is occuring. It only happens while running the game, and then the error constantly pops up every minute or so, minimizing the game each time. Also, from what I can remember, I didn't change anything on the computer that day either. The only thing I did was clear out my internet cookies, but I'm pretty sure that was after the error was already occuring.

Any help or insights would be deeply appreciated.

Advertisements

devil--comp--pro

devil--comp--pro

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
lol re download it and dun delete any spyware cause gb needs some spyware but there r not harmful and do u mean gunbound WC? :tazz:

inferno_blaze

inferno_blaze

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
i have this problem on many things mainly half-life 2 dm or half-life 2 but sometimes it just happens for random programs that aren't runnig it's really annoying

wagy

wagy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ya, its gunbound wc, ill try re dling it, but I've already reinstalled it 3 times and that iddn't work. I found the error report in the event viewer and it said a driver was either missing or corrupted. So if the re dl doesn't fix it, then I'll probably have to wipe the harddrive clean and reinstall everything. The thing that pisses me off was everything was working fine one day, then the next i start getting this error message every few minutes.

devil--comp--pro

devil--comp--pro

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
r u using win 98?? cause its only for win 2000 and XP

wagy

wagy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

r u using win 98?? cause its only for win 2000 and XP

View Post

nope, windows xp with service pack 2

jtz

jtz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey ur problem is windows messenger C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe if u dont need it just delete it or if u cant just re name the file to 123 or something ..

i had the same problem bt now its all fixed ;)

:tazz: hope it worx ;)