Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I accidentally deleted my bookmark folder in Google Chrome

• Please log in to reply

snash1039

snash1039

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Today I accidentally deleted my favourite sites which I bookmarked in google chrome

and I don't know where the folder has gone. I am absolutely livid that I lost over

100 sites on it without retrieval. I searched google to find solutions so far no

luck. I am using windows XP. Any help greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Visiting Consultant
  • 2,479 posts
Hi snash :)

There's an easy way to recover deleted bookmarks under Google Chrome, everything is explained in the article below:

http://www.howtogeek...chrome-firefox/

Let us know how it goes!

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Thing i also do is copy all my boomark URL's to notepad in case, save text document to a backup drive. Also try system restore should also replace User information.

snash1039

snash1039

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Thanks All. But it seems I lost all my web links. I tried stellar phoenix software to no avail.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Visiting Consultant
  • 2,479 posts
You didn't have a precedent back up of your bookmarks stored locally on your system?

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

You didn't have a precedent back up of your bookmarks stored locally on your system?

what i do !!

snash1039

snash1039

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Regretably no, I did not have a back up stored on my system.

However, I want to know if I deleted one site from my bookmark where does this go. not the actual folder I created?

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Visiting Consultant
  • 2,479 posts
I guess it's "lost", it's not sent anywhere else since it's inside Google Chrome and I don't recall Chrome having its own "personal" Recycle Bin.

snash1039

snash1039

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

I have now learnt a lesson....and google chrome can stuff themselves.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

When with any browser, when you clear history you'll most likely clear this out from Systems files in Users. Do  not feel it's fault of this browser or any.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Visiting Consultant
  • 2,479 posts
Usually, web browsers store all their "settings", like Bookmarks, History, Favorites, etc. in a single file for each. So deleting individual entries will lose them forever, while deleting the whole file directly from the system might give you a chance to recover it after.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Usually, web browsers store all their "settings", like Bookmarks, History, Favorites, etc. in a single file for each. So deleting individual entries will lose them forever, while deleting the whole file directly from the system might give you a chance to recover it after.

Yes, i thought wrong,bookmarks won't be removed,had my words wrong. Even reset of browser will store bookmarks to desktop along with settings, so not in users folder that i see, boomarks, maybe in Program folders (x86)

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Visiting Consultant
  • 2,479 posts
This is true for Mozilla Firefox. For Google Chrome, nothing is deleted nor moved anywhere, since all the "settings" are linked to the Google account connected to Chrome.