Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desync/Internet lag in various games

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Your voltages are ok but the Ping test shows the internet connection is not so good, this most likely because of the way that your hardware is connected up, if you are able to, one way of testing this would be to set up your computer closer to the first router or at a friend or family members home to see if there is any improvement, ideally plugging in a wireless dongle and connecting to a wireless router as that would show what your other hardware is capable off.

As an asides, a router Firewall was another thing that I suspected but you have said no one else has an issue making the distance from the computer to the router more likely

Edit to add;

See how your video card performs by running the Valley benchmark (free) here, one way of ruling out another possible cause if nothing else.

Advertisements

kouta55

kouta55

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I think I'll give up on it now. I'm not going to move my computer or mess with the router because it doesn't belong to me. Thanks for the help, but I guess there's nothing else I could try. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Understand you not wishing to mess with other peoples hardware but without being able to physically test your computer either closer or on an alternative internet connection you will not be able to confirm that it is the present set up that is causing the lags, it is likely though as shown by the Ping test your connection is slower than 75% of users 

I mentioned a wireless dongle in my reply #16, if the router that you are using is the wireless type see if you can borrow a dongle like the example here for testing purposes.

Did you test your video card with Valley benchmark to see how it performed.