Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CD-ROM NO READ

• Please log in to reply

Dustinduse

Dustinduse

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
I got a Windows 95 that cant read cds. i bought it from my sister so i dont know whats been done to it i know that it has been up to date untill two years ago and i went to the site of the people that made it and that dont even know that it is still going becuse i put the p/n in and it said wrong p/n
help me please

Edited by Dustinduse, 13 June 2005 - 03:55 PM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Could be a faulty cd drive rather than a Windows fault, especially if the drive is an old one. You could try using one of those cleaning discs that cleans the laser lens. But if that doesn't work, new cd-rom drives are now very cheap to buy so I would get one. They are easy to fit, especially if you are taking an old one out. The sockets at the back are always the same whatever brand you buy so it's simply a matter of unplugging the old one, removing four screws inside the PC case, then fitting the new one exactly the same.

Dustinduse

Dustinduse

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
thanks i took case of to make sure all looked fine and i found 7 things that where unplunged should i leave them?