Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fuzzy Courier New and Times new Roman fonts in WindowsVista

• Please log in to reply

fontproblem

fontproblem

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm on a laptop with Windows Vista and a 1366 x 768 resolution. That's the maximum and there's no real way to get any different aspect ration. About a week ago there was some sort of Windows update that rendered my courier new and times new roman fuzzy. Maybe that's not what caused the issue, but it happened around the same time. It looks like the horizontal lines are missing. Here take a look:

Courier New

54f7160cc4129.png

Lucina Console

54f7161892de3.png

I tried downloading a new courier new, but its still the same issue. I've also messed around with the Cleartype setting. Turning it to standard does make the font look clearer, but makes every other font look awful.

Any suggestions? I've updated all of the resolutions and its still the same. There is no recommended resolution.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by fontproblem, 04 March 2015 - 09:03 AM.

Advertisements

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Hello fontproblem, and :welcome:

Click here for a possible answer/solution.

Please update us on whether or not this helped you at all.

Good luck! :spoton:

Edited by Fusionbomb, 04 March 2015 - 08:15 PM.