Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with InPrivate browsing?

• Please log in to reply

tjmcs

tjmcs

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
I have a Win7 machine running IE11 that is a magnet for viruses. Different forum, I know, and I may go to that forum after I get this problem fixed. Here is what I noticed when browsing. InPrivate browsing opens the way it is supposed to. I get the forward and back arrows, the blue box with InPrivate in it, and the white address box where you type the address for the site you want to visit. That box also shows InPrivate. Now, after I type the address in that box, another address box opens showing the address, and of course, the website opens. I now have two address boxes open, one shows InPrivate, one shows the address of the site I am visiting. My other computer does not do this. I type the address of the site I want and the site opens. Sowing is one address box with the address I typed to search, the second is another showing an address. Nowhere is there an address box showing InPrivate. 

Do I have a setting wrong somewhere?

joe

Edited by tjmcs, 08 March 2015 - 08:44 AM.

Advertisements

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Hello tjmcs,

How long have you been witnessing the double address bar problem?

Did the computer in question ever work "normally"?

If so, did anything change between the time it worked normally and when the problem first occurred?

I'm initially thinking this may be a virus/malware problem.  Once we get the issue narrowed down, we can move your thread into the appropriate forum if needed.

tjmcs

tjmcs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Computer is less than six months old. My fathers computer so I do not know how long this has been going on.

joe

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Do I have a setting wrong somewhere?

joe

If you think you have a setting wrong, you can click here for a link on how to reset settings to default.

If the default settings didn't fix your issue, then I don't know what else to do if it's not malware related!

:killcomp:

Edited by Fusionbomb, 09 March 2015 - 08:49 PM.