Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Data does not backup onto WD Passport Ultra

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

I use W8.1. When I make changes to files on my Lenovo H500S pc they are not saved on my WD Passport Ultra version 2.4.10.

I have data backup set to continuous. Under the "Backup" tab in "Documents" the files are listed that I am making changes to and the "Files" and "Size" for "Data For Backup" and "Data Backed Up" are same numbers.

Under the "Details" tab in Task Manager "WDBackupEngine.exe" and "WDSmartWare.exe" are listed as running as are three other WD apps. There is always a WDSmartware icon in the system tray, and in WD Quick View under "Locked" is says "No" and under "Temperature" it says "OK".

I transferred these files from my old computer to the Lenovo that I am now using. The files are in Word 2000 format, and I am using Apache Open Office on my new computer. Whether I save a change I make in a file in the old format or Open Office format it is not saved to my external hd. I was using this external hd on my old computer on which I was using Office 2000 and it saved all the changes I made.Thanks for any replies.