Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP PRo SLOOO to close - why?

• Please log in to reply

DavidND

DavidND

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi
Running XP pro sp2 and all of a sudden over the last 2 weeks XP has started taking like 10 minutes to put up teh close choices (restart end etc). Once you do click one it then takes another 5 mins to actually close...

I'm running AVG and that detects nothing, I run Adaware regularly and that's all clear and I also installed NoAdWare tonite wich also says all is clear... HELP!! Its drivin me bonkers...java script:emoticon(':surrender:')
smilie

Da

Advertisements

insipid

insipid

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
We need a closer look at what's going on with your computer. Please download 'HijackThis' from Here .

Unzip HJT to it's own folder such as C:\HijackThis or C:\HJT then double-click HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button. Save the log, and copy its contents here. Most of what it lists will be harmless or essential, don't fix anything yet

DavidND

DavidND

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well finally got my scan after being in hospital cos a [bleep] mangy cat bit me....

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 18:48:41, on 20/06/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\E_S00RP2.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SAgent4.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\FinePixViewer\QuickDCF.exe
C:\Program Files\SystemControl\SystemControl\SystemControl.exe
C:\Program Files\Qimage\Qimage.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\HiJackThis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PinnacleDriverCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\PSDrvCheck.exe -CheckReg
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REGSHAVE] C:\Program Files\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nForce Tray Options] sstray.exe /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RaidTool] C:\Program Files\VIA\RAID\raid_tool.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NBJ] "C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero BackItUp\NBJ.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "c:\program files\valve\steam\steam.exe" -silent
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Exif Launcher.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: ScanPanel.lnk = C:\ScanPanel\ScnPanel.exe
O4 - Global Startup: SystemControl.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: View Exif/GPS/IPTC with IExif - C:\Program Files\Opanda\IExif 1.8\IExifCom.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupd...b?1105053034362
O23 - Service: Adobe Active File Monitor (AdobeActiveFileMonitor) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: EPSON V3 Service2(02) (EPSON_PM_RPCV2_02) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\WINDOWS\system32\E_S00RP2.EXE
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Photoshop Elements Device Connect (PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: Epson Printer Status Agent4 (StatusAgent4) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\WINDOWS\system32\SAgent4.exe

Hope you guys can help!!
Thanks
David

insipid

insipid

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
DavidND, I don't see anything in your log that would cause the problems you describe. Do you know what this is?:

O4 - Global Startup: ScanPanel.lnk = C:\ScanPanel\ScnPanel.exe

It looks like some sort of virus/spyware scanner, but I don't find enough information to make a good decision on it.

I do have a couple of ideas. First, you can try to defrag your hard drive, that may help. Also, check your Raid setup against the documentation that came with the controller. It appears that your Raid controller is on your motherboard, so the information would be with your motherboard documentation.

Let's also look a little deeper, in case you have some malware that HijackThis doesn't see.

Please download SilentRunners from here:
http://www.silentrun...ent Runners.vbs
Save it to the desktop and double-click on it. If you get any kind of warning message about scripts, please choose to allow the script to run. When the scan is finished, it will create a logfile on the desktop. Please post the entire contents of this logfile for me to see.

Please download the free MWAV antivirus tool from here:
ftp://ftp.microworldsystems.com/download/tools/mwav.exe
Save it to the desktop and run it. Follow the prompts to scan your system for viruses. Then please post for me the log of infected files from the BOTTOM panel of the scan window.

Post both of the logs requested in a reply here.