Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to turn my laptop into a hotspot every time when I open my laptop?

• Please log in to reply

aaa4556

aaa4556

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I can enable a hotspot with My WIFI Router software and a windows laptop. It works well, but I had to open the interface every time to enable. Is there any way to enable it automatically?

Advertisements

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,101 posts

Hello aaa4556, and welcome to Geeks to Go.

I don't know which software you are using right now to create the hotspot. But this is a task that could be done pretty easy within Windows itself through some settings and commands. here you have a guide on how to set that up: How to Create a WiFi Hotspot Using the Command Prompt.

Once you've done that you just need to save somewhere and you system a .bat file (How to Write a Batch File) that has the hotspot starting command. And then add it to startup (How to Enable Programs and Custom Scripts to Run at Boot)

Hope this will help. It could be confusing so much links, but in fact it is pretty easy :D.

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Hello aaa4556... and :welcome:

I'm not 100% sure I know exactly what you mean.  When you want it enabled automatically, are you referring to booting the laptop up?  If so...

*TIP* Click here for a walk-through on how to create shortcuts and/or add them to the Startup folder.

Please let us know if this helps your situation at all.  :prop:

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,101 posts

Of course that is what he wanted. The problem is that usually with this kind of software running the software at startup wouldn't help anything, because to get the hotspot running you've gotta press some sort of start button on the GUI.

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Great!  Then it's just a matter of creating the batch file, as you already stated.  :yeah: