Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Spysweeper new version Problem

• Please log in to reply

newbie geek

newbie geek

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
i installed the new version of the program spysweeper per the instructions and did the update for definitions.
i closed off the progrgam and D/L the new version and now this problem.

I even went back to the link that I had from when I purchased the program in October 2004, closed off the spysweeper and tried again and the same results.

I checked the add/remove program section and it had a warning UNLIKE the other programs beside Webroot's Spysweeper in respect of Uninstall and so I did not try that.

I don't know what to do and so I decided to do a post.

My computer is xp home edition, notebook, intel pentium 4, 512 RAM, 1.9 ghz.

I look forward to comments.

Thankyou.

Advertisements

newbie geek

newbie geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I resolved this, I sent an email to support and did a total program Removal, though it is not recommended and then did a Reg Supreme clean and downloaded the new setup from the Link that was sent and installed it.

All is fine now! ;)

Don't know what caused it in the first place though???

A mystery of cyber space!! :tazz: