Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MY laptop is very slow. It seems to be infected with some virus/malwar

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Is the error that you are getting still something similar to "experiencing driver or hw related issues" or is it something else at this point?

Advertisements

abhi6512

abhi6512

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Hi Brian,
Same error

abhi6512

abhi6512

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Hi Brian,
What else can I try. Is restoring back to the restoration point is an option?

-Abhi

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

It sure is. We made a restore point before doing any fixes so we can do that but before we do I'm asking some peers if they have any ideas. I'd hate to put back any adware/malware by doing a restore. I'll be back shortly.

abhi6512

abhi6512

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Hi Brian,
Sure I second u. I too wud hate to revert a malware. I was just curious dat v worked obnremoving symantec endpoint with d new script but how wud it go n impact d nw driver .. strange .. :).
Ne ways my net ain't working n em keenly awaiting ur response :)
I appreciate all ur help n time spared on dis task.

Abhi.

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Let's get some info from your machine. Do you have the ability to plug in a network cable to your machine so that you can be on the internet while we attempt to fix your wireless?

If not it will just take a little longer as you will need to download things from another computer to a USB and transfer them over. Please do the following.

Step#1 - Retrieve System Information
1. Download Speccy  to your desktop. The setup file will be named spsetup128.exe or something similar.
2. Double-click on this file and install it. Note: Please ensure that you uncheck any foistware that may be presented during the install (i.e. Chrome Browser install).
3. When the program opens it will retrieve some information regarding your system.
4. Once it's done, select the File menu and choose Save snapshot and save to your desktop.

5. Right-click on this file that you saved (should be named something like ABHISHEK-PC.speccy) and select Send to..compressed (zipped) folder.

6. The resultant name should be something like ABHISHEK-PC.zip. Please attach this file to your next post.

abhi6512

abhi6512

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Hi Brian,
I will b doing it from my cell fone as even nw cable denied to work with my machine.
I will send u d machine info soon.
BTW what is foistware?

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

foistware is software that is installed without your consent. It usually comes bundled with other software.

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Hi Brian,
Sure I second u. I too wud hate to revert a malware. I was just curious dat v worked obnremoving symantec endpoint with d new script but how wud it go n impact d nw driver .. strange

Symantec Endpoint embeds itself into your networking stack so it's likely this software is still causing the issue. Once I get the speccy information from you we'll be able to remove the Symantec driver from your networking components and hopefully restore your internet.

abhi6512

abhi6512

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
I hv d snapshot created and moved to my cell fone. But em unable to upload it to the portal. As on clicking upload button it just shows gallery n few other directories to select from. Its not giving me access to complete directory structure of fone. Can I email u d file?

Abhi

Advertisements

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

I'll send you a PM.

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Got the information, thank you. Please do the following.

1. Click the network icon in the lower right corner of your screen by the time and select Network and Sharing Center.

NetworkIcon.JPG

2. Click the Manage network connections link on the left.

ManageNetworkConnections.JPG

3. We will do these steps for each network connection that you have listed. I believe you have ones named Local Area Connection and Wireless Network Connection. Right-click on the connection and select properties. Click the Continue button if you are prompted.

4. If you see something in here that references Teefer2, select it and click the Uninstall button. Once done click the OK button. Do this for the other network connection as well.

5. If you did see something referencing Teefer2 and have uninstalled it please ensure you reboot your computer before going on to the next step.

6. Click the Start button, Right-click on Computer and select Manage. Click Continue at the User Control Prompt if it appears.

ComputerManage.JPG

7. This will open up Computer Management. Click on Device Manager and click the plus sign next to Network adapters.

DeviceManager.JPG

8. For each network adapter that is listed, right-click and select Uninstall.

Uninstall.JPG

9. Reboot your machine and see if you have internet connectivity.

Let me know. Thanks.

abhi6512

abhi6512

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
I hv nothing called teefer in network props.
I hv 23 network adapters. Do u want me to remove all?
Of this 23, 5 are teefer2 adapters.
I hv attached screenshots for ur reference

Attached Thumbnails

• 20150320_002248.jpg
  • 20150320_002222.jpg
  • 20150320_002330.jpg

Edited by abhi6512, 19 March 2015 - 01:02 PM.

abhi6512

abhi6512

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Hi Brian,
I hv uninstalled all d drivers except following few,pls refer d pic attached, these drivers just didn't buzzed.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20150320_084938.jpg

Edited by abhi6512, 20 March 2015 - 08:53 PM.

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

In order to remove the remaining ones we need to boot your computer into Safe Mode and then try to uninstall them.

Step#1
1. Shut down your computer and leave it off for a good 10 seconds.
2. Power on your computer and then repeatedly tap the F8 key on your keyboard (about a second apart for each tap). This will open up the Advanced Boot Options screen which will look similar
    to what is shown below.
    AdvancedBootOptions.JPG

3. At the above screen you will see a variety of options that can be used to boot Windows. Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, highlight the option labeled Safe Mode.
    Once it is highlighted, click on the Enter key on your keyboard.

4. Sign in to your machine and then uninstall/delete the remaining network adapters. Then reboot your computer normally.