Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

• Please log in to reply

SternBern

SternBern

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Greetings, I'm sorry if I miss out on any information but i'm really nervous about this as this is the only device I currently have. It is an Acer Aspire V3-571G and I recently got a really scary BSOD. I was in a skype call for about 2 hours and as soon as I clicked the red leave call button my computer did a BSOD reading "BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", I couldn't write down the number on the BSOD as I don't have a pen anywhere near me but I did manage to find the dump file for the BSOD.

I did open it up in BlueScreenView and it did say it was caused by tcpip.sys...? I'm not sure what any of this means.

Any help would be appreciated, I have nothing really to fix any of this and am so [bleep] nervous about this, if you could help me out at all I would be in your debt for sure. Here is a copy of the dump file. Please let me know if there is anything I missed. Thank you.

Edited by SternBern, 14 March 2015 - 03:00 AM.

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Hi Stern :)

Usually, when you receive one single BSOD and you don't receive any others after, I wouldn't worry about it. BSODs are caused in exceptionnal situations where something goes wrong and makes your whole system crash. If it happens regulary, then yes, there's obviously an issue that needs to be fixed, but if it happens once, then there's not enough information, nor reason in attempting to "fix" it since there's most likely nothing to fix. As an example, around 3 months after buying my laptop I received a BSOD. Now I didn't receive one for the rest of the year I used it with Windows 7. Hence that BSOD just occured because exceptionnal conditions where met. Did you receive any BSODs of this kind in the past, recently?

SternBern

SternBern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Hi Stern :)

Usually, when you receive one single BSOD and you don't receive any others after, I wouldn't worry about it. BSODs are caused in exceptionnal situations where something goes wrong and makes your whole system crash. If it happens regulary, then yes, there's obviously an issue that needs to be fixed, but if it happens once, then there's not enough information, nor reason in attempting to "fix" it since there's most likely nothing to fix. As an example, around 3 months after buying my laptop I received a BSOD. Now I didn't receive one for the rest of the year I used it with Windows 7. Hence that BSOD just occured because exceptionnal conditions where met. Did you receive any BSODs of this kind in the past, recently?

BSOD's have been few and far between on my computer, the reason I'm a LITTLE worried is because the last one I received was this January. It was not the same type, though, but it was in a very different situation. If you're saying that I shouldn't worry about it then so be it. I have calmed down quite a bit since writing the post, but my situation kind of calls for me to be. The last time I got a BSOD before January was sometime in early 2013. Does this error seem just like a one-off error?

EDIT: Thank you, though. You've calmed me down quite a bit with this issue. I appreciate you taking the time to answer me at all nevermind actually explaining things to me.

Edited by SternBern, 14 March 2015 - 11:56 AM.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
No problem SternBern :) If you get any more BSODs in the next days, post back here and we'll give it a look.

SternBern

SternBern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Hello, I'm sorry if this is wrong to re-open my thread but I seem to have gotten another BSOD a few months after the fact. I'm not TOO worried about this one because of what was told me before. This one happened while loading Counter-Strike: Source after clearing out Steam from a few games and installing SWTOR on my computer. I've uploaded the DMP file as well. Any help is appreciated as usual. Please let me know if I missed any information as well. Thank you.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Is this the only BSOD you had since March 14th? Also, can you attach that .dmp file in your next reply?

SternBern

SternBern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Is this the only BSOD you had since March 14th? Also, can you attach that .dmp file in your next reply?

Yes, this is the only BSOD since March. I'm trying but it says I'm not permitted to upload that kind of file? Sorry, I thought I had uploaded the .DMP on my original post.

wiiHRCA.png

EDIT: Here's a mediafire link to the .dmp file https://www.mediafir...qn85do67wl6o7ni hope it helps.

Edited by SternBern, 14 June 2015 - 08:40 PM.

SternBern

SternBern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

I still haven't received a new BSOD since then, so I'm guessing it's not a very big thing? I don't know.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Sorry for the late reply. If you receive a BSOD every few months, I wouldn't worry about it. If it happens at more frequent internvals (weekly, daily, etc.) then I would worry. A BSOD can occur when exceptional conditions are met, hence why it can be classified as "random". But if these exceptional conditions occurs often, then it's an issue.