Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my friend hacked my computer and I know he has remote access etc, help

• Please log in to reply

coditoni

coditoni

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I asked my friend to do a clean install of windows 7, when I got my Dell latitude e6400 back, I noticed these drivers that werent there before and just odd behavior on my computer. I keep seeing among different areas the word "SmartCard". Somewhere I had seen that there was "Driver (x)" . I also see this phrase come up often when looking around files "System 32". I keep getting a message about a cardbus, or installing a driver for sound or audio. My internet explorer doesnt even look or act like a normal IE browser..it hardly lets me go to a website with out an error, the icon for MSN doesnt appear normal..I thought maybe he hijacked my browser or something. I also notied when I hit F12, it now gives me the option to boot from 4 different options:
·CD/DVD/CD-RW Drive (even if no dvd)
·Internal (HDD) (IRRT)
·Cardbus NIC
·Onboard

When I asked him if he put stuff in my computer, he acted like an idiot, and started speaking stupid, and I didnt really know what I could show him that was a clear indicator or solid proof that he did in fact hack because I dont really know how to navigate to where to go to show him or provivde evidence that he cant deny...I need help with a way to show that its clear he has done something so that he cant play it off and also how to get all this off...I have nothing on my laptop that needs saving or backing up, I use it merely for browsing and emails so I am fine to wipe out anything and everything and use the Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 premium disk I have. Please help me, or tell me if I am just paranoid and that these are just everyday issues that are a quick fix. Again its a Dell Latitude E6400

Edited by coditoni, 15 March 2015 - 10:31 AM.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Probably just paranoid but we can check:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop. 

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version. 

•  
  • Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer. 
  • click on the Addition.txt box. 
  • Press Scan button. 
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.  
  • Please copy and paste that log back here and also the second log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply. 
  •  

Download OTL from
    and Save it to your desktop.

Copy the text in the code box:

DRIVES
    nnetsvcs
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    %systemroot%\assembly\GAC_32\*.ini
    %systemroot%\assembly\GAC_64\*.ini
    msconfig
    safebootminimal
    safebootnetwork
    activex
    drivers32
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\*.exe
    %APPDATA%\*.
    /md5start
    rsvpsp.dll
    pnrpnsp.dll 
    nwprovau.dll
    nlaapi.dll
    napinsp.dll
    mswsock.dll
    winrnr.dll
    wshelper.dll
    services.exe
    atapi.sys
    explorer.exe
    winlogon.exe
    Userinit.exe
    svchost.exe
    csrss.exe
    PrintIsolationHost.exe
    consrv.dll
    user32.dll
    /md5stop
    C:\Windows\assembly\tmp\U\*.* /s
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /rs
    hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /64 /rs
    %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
    %ProgramFiles%\WINDOWS NT\*.* /s
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
    CREATERESTOREPOINT

Run OTL (Vista or Win 7 => right click and Run As Administrator)

Paste (Ctrl + v) the copied text in the box where it says Custom Scan/Fixes

Select the All option in the Extra Registry group then Run Scan.

You should get two logs.  Please copy and paste both of them.