Keep me posted....
Microsoft LifeCam VX-5000 Won't Load ?
Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:56 PM
OK I Did What You Said In Replay Number 9 .I Even Got Microsoft Net Framework 4.0 Reinstalled And Still The [bleep] Camera Installs With No Problem .But Won't Load For Crap !!!
Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:58 PM
I really think you should get a clean up done on your machine, I suspect some malware nothing major but the machine should be looked at by one of the proficient malware techs here. Once you are given the all clear then we can continue this.
Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:00 AM
Follow the steps in the link below, and then create a new thread paste your FRST logs into new thread.
Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:19 PM
I Really Wish I Knew What Microsoft ,Or Windows Software Is Required To Run The Camera ? There Is Two Drivers In Device Manager (1) Sound ,Video ,And Game Controllers (2) Imaging Devices .I Tried Updating Both Drivers And Microsoft Says They're Updated .My Next 2 Things I Will Try Is Too See If It Works In The Guess Account ,And Or A New Account And Give You The Results !!
Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:25 PM
You can use this tool to update your drivers.
Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:24 PM
OK It Found A Few That Did Needed Updating ,So I Fixed That Part .Now Should I Once Again Uninstall The Camera And Reinstall It And See What Happens ? I Tried It On The Guess Account ,And I Created A Dummy Account And Neither Time The Camera Started So Now What ?
Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:42 PM
Yes, Try the uninstall and reinstall again, use Revo uninstaller free. After you remove the program, reboot then reinstall.
Also upload a fresh minitoolbox log please.
Edited by rockmilk, 19 March 2015 - 11:47 PM.
Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:08 AM
Also I would like you to try the following:
1. Test the cam in a different usb port.
2. Check the Cam on a different machine.
3. Tell me if there are any errors that happen, when you try and start the software.
4. Can you recall what MS items you uninstalled, and name them here.
5. Also I put in bold red the internet explorer requirment, did you happen to uninstall internet explorer in your tinkering? Using this method?
If so then you will need to download the latest version for your machine. Either way if you do not have the latest version of IE see this link, latest version is 11 http://windows.micro...rer/download-ie
Here are the requirement for the camera: I have placed a strike through all that you have for sure.
Requires a PC that meets the requirements for and has installed one of these operating systems:
• Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (excluding Windows XP 64-bit) • Intel Pentium® 4 3 GHz (Pentium Dual Core 1.8 GHz recommended) • 1 GB of RAM (2 GB recommended) • 1250 MB hard drive space
• Windows-compatible speakers or headphones
• USB 1.1 (USB 2.0 recommended). USB port 2.0 required for 1.3 MP and above video capture resolution.
• CD-ROM drive
• Broadband internet access required; access fees may apply
• Microsoft LifeCam software, version 2.07 Internet functions (post to Windows Live™ Spaces, send in e-mail, video calls), also require: Internet Explorer ® 6/7 browser software required for installation; 25 MB hard drive space typically required (users can maintain other default Web browsers after installation)
Now the internet connection thing is what is troubling me, I am not sure if it needs to connect to the internet just to work?? I know that some programs indeed need to have this happen, when I do not allow a program internet access with my firewall some programs will close out al together.
What I am seeing in your Minitoolbox logs is that you are having DNS timeouts, I am wandering if that might be the issue here, or I may just be crazy.....
May as well take care of that issue anyway, your DNS timeouts.......
Follow the guide in the link below, this should take care of your DNS issues as well as many issues I see with programs trying to connect in your logs.
Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:31 AM
OK The Main Problem Where This Started Was Born From My Stupid Curiosity .I Started Out On Windows 7 Home Edition ,Then I Wanted To Try The Anytime Update Key .So I Found Someone Who Had A Free Key .So I Used It And It Worked ,And I Got A Boat Load Of Updates Like All The Language Packs .So I Got A Ton Of Microsoft Net Framework 4.5 For Each .Them I Uninstalled Plus All The Runtime Visual C ,And Security Updates Thinking I Could Save Money By Having Microsoft Just Install The Lastest Versions Not 50 For Each .Not Thinking That Without Runtime Enviromment That Other Program I Mentioned Won't Work Correctly .So That I Fixed And I Got Most Of The Updates Back ,But Something Must Be Missing That Allows The Camera To Open .This Time When I Reinstalled The Camera I Checked The Box For Windows Essentials Just For The [bleep] Of It Which I Didn't Before ,And It's Funny You Mentioned Internet Explorer Because It Loaded And A Pop Up Asking Me If I Wanted To Try The Recommend Settings Of IE Like It Does When You First Installed It .I Just Wonder If The Connection To IE Was Broken Somewhere .Prehaps Resetting IE To It's Defaut Will Fix It Possibly !!
Edited by steelersjourney, 20 March 2015 - 08:57 AM.
Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:07 PM
1. Download the portable version of Windows Repair (All In One) from here, Windows Repair (All In One). (Make sure you have your computer running in a clean boot state BEFORE running repairs. If you need assistance with performing a clean boot then follow the instructions here, How to perform a clean boot in Windows)
2. Download the portable zipped folder to your desktop.
3. Extract the contents of the zipped folder, and then right click on the Repair_Windows.exe file and select run as administrator.
4. After the program opens, click on the Step 3 tab and click the Do It button to have the program run Check Disk on the file system. Screenshot.
5. After the computer finishes running Check Disk, start the program again and proceed to Step 4.
6. Click on the Step 4 tab and click on the Do It button to allow the program to run the System File Checker to find and fix any corrupt Windows files. Screenshot.
7. After SFC finishes, proceed to the Step 5 tab.
8. On the Step 5 tab go ahead and create a new system restore point before starting the repair by clicking on the Create button under the System Restore area. Screenshot.
9. Once that is done click on the Start Repairs tab.
10. On the Start Repairs tab click on the Start button and select Run when prompted. Screenshot.
11. The Windows Repairs window will open. Now ensure that ONLY the checkboxes in the program are checked as indicated below:
As far as what you can not see checkmark boxes 26, 27 and 33
12. Then when those checkboxes are selected, click on the checkbox that says Restart System when Finished.
13. Now click on the Start button to start the repair process.
14. The process could take some time so please be patient.
15. After the repair process finishes, the computer will be rebooted.
16. See if there is any difference after performing the above steps.
Thanks to Evan Omo for the speech.
Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:46 PM
That's OK I Did A Full Reinstall ,AT&T Connectect Followed Me Through The Steps, It So Now Everything Works Find .Incredimail Was Really My Only Concern And I Was Able To Get Everything I Had In There .Thanks For The Help ,I Really Appreciate It !!!
Edited by steelersjourney, 22 March 2015 - 11:48 PM.
Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:25 AM
Thanks for lettting me know, sorry we could not come to a conclusion. Perhaps it was time for a reinstall, you were running thin on space....
If you need any suggestions on security ad blockers or getting the latest service pack, let me know.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users