Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 8.1 Slow Startup & "Improper Shutdown" in Event Vi

• Please log in to reply

devilbear

devilbear

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Alright, so, yesterday I noticed that it seemed to take a little longer than usual to start up my laptop (HP Pavilion 17-7042nr with Windows 8.1 64-bit; I've only had it a short amount of time and it was purchased refurbished). I didn't think too much of it, however, since I was starting it at the same time as my seven-year-old Vista machine so by comparison it was still way faster (20+ seconds vs. the old one's 2 minutes). After that, didn't think anything of it...

Today, however, I started it up on its own and it took far too long compared to how it used to behave. I've noticed this a few times in the past, but always figured Windows was adjusting itself after I'd installed stuff etc. But since there was no need for it to do that this time, I got suspicious and started looking in the event viewer. To my shock, it claimed that the last shutdown was improper and that's why it took forever; it was actually rebooting.

Trouble is, as far as I knew, no it most certainly did not shut down improperly. I turned it off using the power button, which is set from the power plan to perform a shut down. It did the normal thing: processed the shut down, turned off the screen, and shortly after turned off all system lights except of course the one to indicate that it was plugged in. All seemed well, and was not slower than usual or anything of that sort. So I have no clue why or how it's shutting down improperly.

But not only that, I tracked it back and several times, as far back as the 19th of February (as well as a couple of times while it was in HP's custody for unrelated maintenance; they apparently did not notice it, either, as it was given a clean bill of health before return) this has been occurring. I've transferred a ton of files, settings, programs, etc. since then so I really didn't want to do a Restore. I did, however, consider it... only to discover that my previous Restore Points before the system was returned by HP have been destroyed. So no chance of going back before the 19th, even if I wanted to (I don't, frankly).

I have no clue what's going on, but here's the events from the first ever time it happened:

the logoff/power down is listed as:

Information    2/19/2015 5:09:11 AM    Kernel-Power    109    (103)
           --  "The kernel power manager has initiated a shutdown transition."

Information    2/19/2015 5:09:37 AM    Winlogon    7002    (1102)
          -- "User Logoff Notification for Customer Experience Improvement Program"

after that the next relevant things which involve the boot up:

Information    2/19/2015 4:42:36 PM    Kernel-Boot    20    None
          -- "The last shutdown's sucess status was true. The last boot's success status was true."

Error    2/19/2015 4:42:36 PM    Kernel-Boot    29    None
         -- "Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4"

Critical    2/19/2015 4:42:45 PM    Kernel-Power    41    (63)
           --"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Error    2/19/2015 4:43:14 PM    EventLog    6008    None
         -- "The previous system shutdown at 4:59:42 AM on 2/19/2015 was unexpected."

Information    2/19/2015 4:43:21 PM    Service Control Manager    7026    None
          --"The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) did not load: dam"

Those were from the 19 of February, the first time it seems to have happened. The most recent (today) incident is very similar, but not entirely identical.

The shutdown was:

Information    3/17/2015 5:12:16 AM    Kernel-Power    109    (103)
         -- "The kernel power manager has initiated a shutdown transition."

Upon boot the seemingly relevant bits are:

Information    3/17/2015 4:47:55 PM    Kernel-Boot    20    None
        --"THe last shutdown's success status was true. The last boot's success status was true."

Error    3/17/2015 4:47:55 PM    Kernel-Boot    29    None
          --"Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4."

Information    3/17/2015 4:47:55 PM    Kernel-General    12    None
            --"The operating system started at system time 2015-03-17T21:47:45.491075600Z." (( What even is up with that time??? ))

Critical    3/17/2015 4:48:01 PM    Kernel-Power    41    (63)
           --"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Error    3/17/2015 4:48:24 PM    EventLog    6008    None
          --"THe previous system shutdown at 5:12:03 AM on 3/17/2015 was unexpected."

I tried googling, to no avail, other than a suggestion that it might be caused by some sort of system file issue. So I ran "sfc /scannow" in an admin-level command prompt and when it was finished it said: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios."

I tracked down the log file and it's rather huge but toward the end I found that "Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB" was corrupted. Naturally, I investigated... But according to the thread I found it's some kind of printer-related thing, and I've never even connected a printer to this system, much less a Canon brand one as the info I found suggested. In fact, the thread I linked claims that it shouldn't cause any huge issues, so... Probably not the cause of my shutdown issues, which are more pressing. Thus, I can't find anything to indicate what's causing this problem.

The only thing I can think of that I had done around the 19th was I was trying to get rid of Beats Audio crap on my laptop. (Don't even get me started on that hot mess!) So I'd been swapping between the Windows default audio drivers and versions of the Realtek High Definition Audio from both HP and Realtek. But I never had a corrupt install and I don't recall installing one over the other without uninstalling first, so I don't know if that's an issue. Somehow, I doubt it, especially since this issue isn't consistent. Then again, I don't consistently use the audio on my computer so who knows.

After all lights are off and the system is shut down, unless I've been using it on battery and it needs a charge, I unplug it to conserve energy. I only ever do this if the battery has a full charge, so I don't think that should be an issue even though hybrid shutdown/fast boot is some kind of hibernation-shutdown combination. I'd prefer to keep fast start/hybrid boot enabled because, well, it's convenient... and I'm extremely hesitant to tamper with the UEFI settings etc. But, of course, if that's the only fix then I'd prefer it to possible hard drive damage caused by the supposed/apparent improper shut down.

Also of note: nothing is overclocked or running outside specifications, as far as I know. My system stats are:

Windows 8.1 64-bit
AMD A10-5745M APU
AMD Radeon HD 8610G
UEFI BIOS Mode
Secure Boot Enabled

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Disable smart screen. Windows SmartScreen - Turn On or Off in Windows 8
Classic Shell Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements
Disable defender win 8 Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 8
Disable Customer Experience Improvement https://technet.micr..../jj618322.aspx

Also if you do not have an antivirus on the 8 machine ask I can suggest one.

• Please go here and download Speccy.
  • Install and run the program.
  • Upon Completion:
  • Hit File
  • Publish Snap Shot
  • A link will pop-up on your desktop, please post The Link here in your next reply.

Download Autoruns and Autorunsc Unzip it to your desktop and then double click autoruns.exe After the scan is finished then click on File>>>>>>>>>>>Save The default name will be autoruns.arn make sure to save it as Autoruns.txt under the file type option. in other words make sure it is a .txt file instead of .arn Attach the text in your next reply.

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

devilbear

devilbear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hi, just to be sure before I do this, were you asking for me to disable Classic Shell, or linking it as a useful tool? I do already have it installed. I also use Defender as my antivirus program; I'm assuming the intention is to disable it to run these tools then enable it again?

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

I was only linking you to classic shell, as far as defender it is basically useless, I would install one of the following, in place of defender.

http://www.360totalsecurity.com/en/

http://www.cloudantivirus.com/en/

Having Microsoft security essential AKA windows defender guard your computer is the equivalent of having this guy be a bouncer at a biker bar in Detroit.

fuZfFrm.jpg

devilbear

devilbear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Oh, dear. That's not very robust security unless it's at a daycare. xD I'll have to look through the options to see which is best for my needs, then.

Though right now I'd prefer to avoid adding any system-altering software like a new antivirus while trying to figure out what's causing these shutdown/startup issues. Basically I don't want to compound any problems, especially since there were a ton of mcaffee related errors before I got rid of that resource (and money) hog to use Defender. (I run Firefox with noscript and adblock, so ideally I'll be safe enough in the between-time.)

Do I still need to disable Defender and/or Smart Filter to run the tools? Sorry to stall, I just want to make sure I'm doing this right so I don't damage anything or get any incorrect results.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

You can leave defender enabled, I would however disable the smart screen and customer experience program crap......

I would then use the McAffe removal tool. The tool is located inside of the tool,  Download: Antivirus Remover Here use mcafee removal tool and reboot.

Go ahead and install Ccleaner. Now that you have the program installed go ahead and run the cleaner function.
kwLN4uv.png

Now that you have cleaned out some temp files, lets go ahead and disable all of the items starting up with your machine except your antivirus. To do this you will need to click on tools then start up select each item then disable.

GjWwvEu.png

Now that you have disabled those un-needed start ups lets go into the settings, we will have Ccleaner run when your machine boots, so that you will never have to worry about cleaning temp files again.

To do this:

• Hit options.
  • Settings.
  • Place a tick to run Ccleaner when the computer starts.

Lxioao1.png

Now go to the advanced tab, and select close program after cleaning, now run the cleaner again this will close Ccleaner.

SnqZ2JW.png

After you run CCleaner and disable the startup items, then reboot and give me the logs I requested. :)

devilbear

devilbear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

The guide for turning off CEIP didn't work, as I don't have Server Manager or gpmc.msc on my system. (I don't have the Pro version of the Operating System, and a quick Googling leads me to believe that's the issue.) However, I was able to search "Customer" and found the following:

lHbAyxg.png

So it does look like it's already turned off. Which is good; I really want no part of that mess. Feels like a privacy invasion and waste of resources. Also disabled Smart Screen because I wasn't aware it was an online data thing. I'm just not comfortable with that kind of stuff, not just because of privacy but because I have very slow internet as-is. Maybe disabling it will help fix some of the speed issues I've been noticing with the wifi.

I did end up keeping most of my startup items, simply because they're actually only a small few and necessary (like the accelerometer that controls HP's Cool Sense and Drive Protection and my mouse drivers without which it's super slow and the middle button doesn't function). And I tweaked the CCleaner settings so it didn't clear out things I wanted to keep (namely Firefox cache and cookies, and minor things). It cleared out 2gb, it claimed, but I saw no increase in drive space listed under This PC afterward.

Upon reboot after running CCleaner and setting it up as intended, my system came up rather laggy (which it has never done before), taking a while with text input and otherwise seeming wrong. I disabled the run at start for CCleaner, as it's the only major change I made before the reboot. It's likely a combination of that and the fact I'm the kind of person who instantly starts clicking the programs I want open as soon as the desktop is accessible.

My Speccy link is: http://speccy.pirifo...mSRyJjuJyye2jgD
Just so you know, I've had the same issue it's showing with a misreading of the CPU temp, and Googling has led to the answer that it's due to how the AMD APU handles temperatures. It's most definitely not running at 90C right now; it's cool to the touch with room temperature air coming out the fan vent.

My Autoruns file is attached as requested. Actually, I had to edit to add it. Something had gone wrong with the process originally. Should be there now, though.

And here's the other log requested-- just so you know "vampire.exe" program listed as faulting is the game Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines. I ran into some issues while modding it that caused the game to crash but had no adverse effect on the system that I could tell. Also, everything seems to be loading slowly on the internet now after running that tool... is this normal after flushing the DNS and whatnot? And did it reset any custom internet settings / will it likely fix itself? I know I'd taken a long time in my portable Firefox install (not to be confused with the native install I also added) to set up certain things to accommodate my slow internet, though I can't recall what.

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 09-03-2015
Ran by Alleycat (administrator) on 18-03-2015 at 18:23:28
Running from "C:\Users\Alleycat\Desktop"
Microsoft Windows 8.1  (X64)
Model: HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Flush DNS: ===================================

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

========================= IE Proxy Settings: ==============================

Proxy is not enabled.
No Proxy Server is set.

"Reset IE Proxy Settings": IE Proxy Settings were reset.

========================= FF Proxy Settings: ==============================

"Reset FF Proxy Settings": Firefox Proxy settings were reset.

========================= Hosts content: =================================

127.0.0.1    localhost
127.0.0.1    download.skype.com
127.0.0.1    ui.skype.com

========================= IP Configuration: ================================

Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter = Wi-Fi (Connected)
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller = Ethernet (Media disconnected)
Intel® Technology Access TAP Driver (NDIS 6.30) = Ethernet 2 (Media disconnected)

# ----------------------------------
# IPv4 Configuration
# ----------------------------------
pushd interface ipv4

reset
set global icmpredirects=enabled
add route prefix=0.0.0.0/0 interface="Ethernet" nexthop=192.168.1.1 publish=Yes
set interface interface="Local Area Connection* 1" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled
set interface interface="Ethernet" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled
set interface interface="Wi-Fi" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled
set interface interface="Local Area Connection* 2" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled
set interface interface="Ethernet 2" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled
add address name="Ethernet" address=192.168.1.3 mask=255.255.255.0

popd
# End of IPv4 configuration

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hawke
   Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
   Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
   IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 2:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel® Technology Access TAP Driver (NDIS 6.30)
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-50-F2-BF-4B-22
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 2:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : B0-10-41-42-1C-1E

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : B0-10-41-42-1C-1E
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::61d3:6483:1c1f:1139%4(Preferred)
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.128(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 5:44:30 PM
   Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:44:33 PM
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
   DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
   DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 78647361
   DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1C-3E-55-CA-6C-C2-17-6D-C7-98
   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 208.67.222.222
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 6C-C2-17-6D-C7-98
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{F244C272-1273-49AE-BA72-48EE28137007}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:249a:1866:3f57:fe7f(Preferred)
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::249a:1866:3f57:fe7f%7(Preferred)
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
   DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 318767104
   DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1C-3E-55-CA-6C-C2-17-6D-C7-98
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled
Server:  resolver1.opendns.com
Address:  208.67.222.222

Name:    google.com
Addresses:  2607:f8b0:4002:c07::64

Pinging google.com [74.125.196.100] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 74.125.196.100: bytes=32 time=33ms TTL=41
Reply from 74.125.196.100: bytes=32 time=40ms TTL=41

Ping statistics for 74.125.196.100:
    Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 2, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 33ms, Maximum = 40ms, Average = 36ms
Server:  resolver1.opendns.com
Address:  208.67.222.222

Name:    yahoo.com
Addresses:  98.138.253.109

Pinging yahoo.com [206.190.36.45] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 206.190.36.45: bytes=32 time=111ms TTL=44
Reply from 206.190.36.45: bytes=32 time=116ms TTL=44

Ping statistics for 206.190.36.45:
    Minimum = 111ms, Maximum = 116ms, Average = 113ms

Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms
===========================================================================
Interface List
 10...02 50 f2 bf 4b 22 ......Intel® Technology Access TAP Driver (NDIS 6.30)
  5...b0 10 41 42 1c 1e ......Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
  4...b0 10 41 42 1c 1e ......Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter
  3...6c c2 17 6d c7 98 ......Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
  1...........................Software Loopback Interface 1
  6...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
  7...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

IPv4 Route Table
Active Routes:
Network Destination        Netmask          Gateway       Interface  Metric
          0.0.0.0          0.0.0.0      192.168.1.1    192.168.1.128     25
        127.0.0.0        255.0.0.0         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
        127.0.0.1  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
  127.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
      192.168.1.0    255.255.255.0         On-link     192.168.1.128    281
    192.168.1.128  255.255.255.255         On-link     192.168.1.128    281
    192.168.1.255  255.255.255.255         On-link     192.168.1.128    281
        224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
        224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0         On-link     192.168.1.128    281
  255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
  255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link     192.168.1.128    281
Persistent Routes:
  Network Address          Netmask  Gateway Address  Metric
          0.0.0.0          0.0.0.0      192.168.1.1  Default

IPv6 Route Table
Active Routes:
 If Metric Network Destination      Gateway
  7    306 ::/0                     On-link
  1    306 ::1/128                  On-link
  7    306 2001::/32                On-link
  7    306 2001:0:9d38:90d7:249a:1866:3f57:fe7f/128
                                    On-link
  4    281 fe80::/64                On-link
  7    306 fe80::/64                On-link
  7    306 fe80::249a:1866:3f57:fe7f/128
                                    On-link
  4    281 fe80::61d3:6483:1c1f:1139/128
                                    On-link
  1    306 ff00::/8                 On-link
  4    281 ff00::/8                 On-link
  7    306 ff00::/8                 On-link
Persistent Routes:
  None
========================= Winsock entries =====================================

Catalog5 01 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\napinsp.dll [53760] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 02 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\pnrpnsp.dll [68096] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 03 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\pnrpnsp.dll [68096] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 04 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\NLAapi.dll [64000] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 05 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [270848] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 06 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winrnr.dll [21504] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 07 C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mdnsNSP.dll [121704] (Apple Inc.)
Catalog9 01 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [270848] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 02 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [270848] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 03 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [270848] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 04 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [270848] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 05 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [270848] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 06 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [270848] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 07 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [270848] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 08 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [270848] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 09 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [270848] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 10 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [270848] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 01 C:\Windows\System32\napinsp.dll [67584] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 02 C:\Windows\System32\pnrpnsp.dll [87040] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 03 C:\Windows\System32\pnrpnsp.dll [87040] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 04 C:\Windows\System32\NLAapi.dll [84480] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 05 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [338432] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 06 C:\Windows\System32\winrnr.dll [30208] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 07 C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mdnsNSP.dll [132968] (Apple Inc.)
x64-Catalog9 01 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [338432] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 02 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [338432] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 03 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [338432] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 04 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [338432] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 05 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [338432] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 06 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [338432] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 07 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [338432] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 08 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [338432] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 09 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [338432] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 10 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [338432] (Microsoft Corporation)

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (03/18/2015 06:13:31 PM) (Source: Perflib) (User: )
Description: ASP.NET_2.0.50727

Error: (03/18/2015 06:13:31 PM) (Source: Perflib) (User: )
Description: ASP.NET_2.0.507278

Error: (03/18/2015 04:36:33 PM) (Source: SideBySide) (User: )
Description: Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.9600.17031_none_a9efdb8b01377ea7.manifest1".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.9600.17031_none_a9efdb8b01377ea7.manifest2" on line C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.9600.17031_none_a9efdb8b01377ea7.manifest3.
A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active.
Conflicting components are:.
Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.9600.17031_none_a9efdb8b01377ea7.manifest.
Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.9600.17031_none_6242a4b3ecbb55a1.manifest.

Error: (03/17/2015 05:05:17 AM) (Source:  ) (User: )
Description: 7

Error: (03/17/2015 05:05:17 AM) (Source:  ) (User: )
Description: 6

Error: (03/17/2015 05:05:08 AM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: vampire.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4164cd8f
Faulting module name: materialsystem.dll, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x4164cbf7
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00036a1e
Faulting process id: 0x1e50
Faulting application start time: 0xvampire.exe0
Faulting application path: vampire.exe1
Faulting module path: vampire.exe2
Report Id: vampire.exe3
Faulting package full name: vampire.exe4
Faulting package-relative application ID: vampire.exe5

Error: (03/16/2015 10:41:16 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: vampire.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4164cd8f
Faulting module name: engine.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4164cc65
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x001200e6
Faulting process id: 0x1738
Faulting application start time: 0xvampire.exe0
Faulting application path: vampire.exe1
Faulting module path: vampire.exe2
Report Id: vampire.exe3
Faulting package full name: vampire.exe4
Faulting package-relative application ID: vampire.exe5

Error: (03/15/2015 10:01:21 PM) (Source: Perflib) (User: )
Description: WmiApRplC:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiaprpl.dll4

Error: (03/15/2015 10:01:21 PM) (Source: Perflib) (User: )
Description: rdyboost4

Error: (03/15/2015 10:01:20 PM) (Source: PerfNet) (User: )
Description:

System errors:
=============
Error: (03/18/2015 05:55:54 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: Hawke)
Description: {BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001}

Error: (03/17/2015 05:51:53 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: Hawke)
Description: {1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE}

Error: (03/17/2015 05:51:23 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: Hawke)

Error: (03/17/2015 04:48:24 PM) (Source: EventLog) (User: )
Description: The previous system shutdown at 5:12:03 AM on ‎3/‎17/‎2015 was unexpected.

Error: (03/17/2015 04:47:55 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: 32212256841125904

Error: (03/17/2015 05:11:49 AM) (Source: DCOM) (User: Hawke)

Error: (03/17/2015 05:11:19 AM) (Source: DCOM) (User: Hawke)

Error: (03/17/2015 04:15:31 AM) (Source: DCOM) (User: Hawke)

Error: (03/17/2015 04:15:01 AM) (Source: DCOM) (User: Hawke)

Error: (03/17/2015 02:04:31 AM) (Source: DCOM) (User: Hawke)

Microsoft Office Sessions:
=========================

CodeIntegrity Errors:
===================================
  Date: 2015-02-13 17:10:17.275
  Description: Code Integrity is unable to verify the image integrity of the file \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files\EqualizerAPO\EqualizerAPO.dll because the set of per-page image hashes could not be found on the system.

Date: 2015-02-13 17:10:17.228
  Description: Code Integrity is unable to verify the image integrity of the file \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files\EqualizerAPO\EqualizerAPO.dll because the set of per-page image hashes could not be found on the system.

=========================== Installed Programs ============================
7-Zip 9.20 (x64 edition) (HKLM\...\{23170F69-40C1-2702-0920-000001000000}) (Version: 9.20.00.0 - Igor Pavlov)
Adobe Flash Player 16 NPAPI (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe Flash Player NPAPI) (Version: 16.0.0.235 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Adobe Shockwave Player 12.0 (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe Shockwave Player) (Version: 12.0.4.144 - Adobe Systems, Inc.)
AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding (Version: 13.30.100.40406 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
AMD Catalyst Control Center (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2235.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
AMD Catalyst Install Manager (HKLM\...\{0B448829-3672-18EA-4117-C1240D4CF140}) (Version: 8.0.916.0 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)
AMD Fuel (Version: 2014.0406.2235.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
Bonjour (HKLM\...\{6E3610B2-430D-4EB0-81E3-2B57E8B9DE8D}) (Version: 3.0.0.10 - Apple Inc.)
Catalyst Control Center - Branding (x32 Version: 1.00.0000 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
Catalyst Control Center Graphics Previews Common (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2235.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
Catalyst Control Center InstallProxy (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2235.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
Catalyst Control Center Localization All (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2235.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help Chinese Standard (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help Chinese Traditional (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help Czech (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help Danish (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help Dutch (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help English (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help Finnish (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help French (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help German (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help Greek (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help Hungarian (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help Italian (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help Japanese (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help Korean (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help Norwegian (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help Polish (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help Portuguese (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help Russian (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help Spanish (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help Swedish (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help Thai (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCC Help Turkish (x32 Version: 2014.0406.2234.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
ccc-utility64 (Version: 2014.0406.2235.38727 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden
CCleaner (HKLM\...\CCleaner) (Version: 4.18 - Piriform)
Cisco EAP-FAST Module (HKLM-x32\...\{64BF0187-F3D2-498B-99EA-163AF9AE6EC9}) (Version: 2.2.14 - Cisco Systems, Inc.)
Cisco LEAP Module (HKLM-x32\...\{AF312B06-5C5C-468E-89B3-BE6DE2645722}) (Version: 1.0.19 - Cisco Systems, Inc.)
Cisco PEAP Module (HKLM-x32\...\{0A4EF0E6-A912-4CDE-A7F3-6E56E7C13A2F}) (Version: 1.1.6 - Cisco Systems, Inc.)
Classic Shell (HKLM\...\{840C85B7-D3D6-4143-9AF9-DAE80FD54CFC}) (Version: 4.1.0 - IvoSoft)
CyberLink Media Suite 10 (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{1FBF6C24-C1fD-4101-A42B-0C564F9E8E79}) (Version: 10.0.6.3728 - CyberLink Corp.)
CyberLink Media Suite 10 (x32 Version: 10.0.6.3728 - CyberLink Corp.) Hidden
Cyberlink PhotoDirector (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{39337565-330E-4ab6-A9AE-AC81E0720B10}) (Version: 3.0.4.4824 - CyberLink Corp.)
Cyberlink PhotoDirector (x32 Version: 3.0.4.4824 - CyberLink Corp.) Hidden
CyberLink Power2Go 8 (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{2A87D48D-3FDF-41fd-97CD-A1E370EFFFE2}) (Version: 8.0.6.3821 - CyberLink Corp.)
CyberLink Power2Go 8 (x32 Version: 8.0.6.3821 - CyberLink Corp.) Hidden
CyberLink PowerDirector 10 (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{B0B4F6D2-F2AE-451A-9496-6F2F6A897B32}) (Version: 10.0.6.3906 - CyberLink Corp.)
CyberLink PowerDirector 10 (x32 Version: 10.0.6.3906 - CyberLink Corp.) Hidden
CyberLink PowerDVD 12 (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{B46BEA36-0B71-4A4E-AE41-87241643FA0A}) (Version: 12.0.3.3709 - CyberLink Corp.)
CyberLink PowerDVD 12 (x32 Version: 12.0.3.3709 - CyberLink Corp.) Hidden
CyberLink YouCam (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{01FB4998-33C4-4431-85ED-079E3EEFE75D}) (Version: 5.0.3.3907 - CyberLink Corp.)
CyberLink YouCam (x32 Version: 5.0.3.3907 - CyberLink Corp.) Hidden
DisableMSDefender (Version: 1.0.0 - Hewlett-Packard Company) Hidden
Dragon Notes en-US (HKLM-x32\...\{C438C1D0-A46C-4BFA-AFCD-11261DE9CCE0}) (Version: 01.00.100.011 - Nuance Communications Inc.)
Energy Star (HKLM\...\{465CA2B6-98AF-4E77-BE22-A908C34BB9EC}) (Version: 1.0.9 - Hewlett-Packard Company)
Evernote v. 5.2 (HKLM-x32\...\{412F6426-A3C7-11E3-8A71-00163E98E7D6}) (Version: 5.2.0.2951 - Evernote Corp.)
Hewlett-Packard ACLM.NET v1.2.2.3 (x32 Version: 1.00.0000 - Hewlett-Packard Company) Hidden
Host App Service (HKCU\...\Pokki) (Version: 0.269.7.564 - Pokki)
HP 3D DriveGuard (HKLM-x32\...\{F90A86C9-7779-47DD-AC06-8EE832C55F55}) (Version: 6.0.18.1 - Hewlett-Packard Company)
HP CoolSense (HKLM-x32\...\{E2C8D0C2-1C97-4C05-939A-5B13A0FE655C}) (Version: 2.20.31 - Hewlett-Packard Company)
HP Customer Experience Enhancements (x32 Version: 6.0.1.8 - Hewlett-Packard) Hidden
HP Documentation (HKLM-x32\...\{082B1425-0F24-43FA-9B64-E8F617B0AD3B}) (Version: 1.1.0.0 - Hewlett-Packard)
HP Postscript Converter (Version: 4.5.12202 - Hewlett-Packard) Hidden
HP Recovery Manager (x32 Version: 1.14.1420 - Hewlett-Packard) Hidden
HP Registration Service (HKLM\...\{D1E8F2D7-7794-4245-B286-87ED86C1893C}) (Version: 1.2.7493.4758 - Hewlett-Packard)
HP Support Assistant (HKLM-x32\...\{8C696B4B-6AB1-44BC-9416-96EAC474CABE}) (Version: 7.5.2.12 - Hewlett-Packard Company)
HP System Event Utility (HKLM-x32\...\{E9FA2CA2-B7B2-43E6-8449-A1618B042EAE}) (Version: 1.1.3 - Hewlett-Packard Company)
HP Utility Center (HKLM\...\{B7B82520-8ECE-4743-BFD7-93B16C64B277}) (Version: 2.4.2 - Hewlett-Packard Company)
HP Wireless Button Driver (HKLM-x32\...\{30B2D1D8-0A07-4B71-9553-0710C5D31E35}) (Version: 1.1.2.1 - Hewlett-Packard Company)
Intel® Technology Access (HKLM-x32\...\{1c3caad7-d0ad-4f7c-87e0-f47627304993}) (Version: 1.3.3.1036 - Intel Corporation)
Intel® Technology Access (Version: 1.3.3.1036 - Intel Corporation) Hidden
Logitech SetPoint 6.65 (HKLM\...\sp6) (Version: 6.65.62 - Logitech)
Microsoft Office Excel MUI (English) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.4518.1014 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 (HKLM-x32\...\HOMESTUDENTR) (Version: 12.0.4518.1014 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.4518.1014 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Office 64-bit Components 2007 (Version: 12.0.4518.1014 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office OneNote MUI (English) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.4518.1014 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office PowerPoint MUI (English) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.4518.1014 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Proof (English) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.4518.1014 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Proof (French) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.4518.1014 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Proof (Spanish) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.4518.1014 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Proofing (English) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.4518.1014 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Shared 64-bit MUI (English) 2007 (Version: 12.0.4518.1014 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Shared 64-bit Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2007 (Version: 12.0.4518.1014 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Shared MUI (English) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.4518.1014 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.4518.1014 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Word MUI (English) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.4518.1014 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (HKLM-x32\...\{710f4c1c-cc18-4c49-8cbf-51240c89a1a2}) (Version: 8.0.61001 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (HKLM-x32\...\{837b34e3-7c30-493c-8f6a-2b0f04e2912c}) (Version: 8.0.59193 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.17 (HKLM\...\{8220EEFE-38CD-377E-8595-13398D740ACE}) (Version: 9.0.30729 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 (HKLM-x32\...\{9A25302D-30C0-39D9-BD6F-21E6EC160475}) (Version: 9.0.30729 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148 (HKLM-x32\...\{1F1C2DFC-2D24-3E06-BCB8-725134ADF989}) (Version: 9.0.30729.4148 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 (HKLM\...\{1D8E6291-B0D5-35EC-8441-6616F567A0F7}) (Version: 10.0.40219 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 (HKLM-x32\...\{F0C3E5D1-1ADE-321E-8167-68EF0DE699A5}) (Version: 10.0.40219 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) - 11.0.50727 (HKLM-x32\...\{15134cb0-b767-4960-a911-f2d16ae54797}) (Version: 11.0.50727.1 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) - 11.0.50727 (HKLM-x32\...\{22154f09-719a-4619-bb71-5b3356999fbf}) (Version: 11.0.50727.1 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Additional Runtime - 11.0.50727 (Version: 11.0.50727 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.50727 (Version: 11.0.50727 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x86 Additional Runtime - 11.0.50727 (x32 Version: 11.0.50727 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x86 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.50727 (x32 Version: 11.0.50727 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - 12.0.21005 (HKLM-x32\...\{7f51bdb9-ee21-49ee-94d6-90afc321780e}) (Version: 12.0.21005.1 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Additional Runtime - 12.0.21005 (Version: 12.0.21005 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Minimum Runtime - 12.0.21005 (Version: 12.0.21005 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Mozilla Firefox 36.0.1 (x86 en-US) (HKLM-x32\...\Mozilla Firefox 36.0.1 (x86 en-US)) (Version: 36.0.1 - Mozilla)
ObjectDock (HKLM-x32\...\ObjectDock) (Version:  - )
OEM Application Profile (HKLM-x32\...\{315F1A48-D883-B234-7C79-15873574ACC1}) (Version: 1.00.0000 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)
Rainmeter (HKLM-x32\...\Rainmeter) (Version: 3.1 r2290 - )
Realtek Card Reader (HKLM-x32\...\{5BC2B5AB-80DE-4E83-B8CF-426902051D0A}) (Version: 6.3.9600.29075 - Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)
Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver (HKLM-x32\...\{8833FFB6-5B0C-4764-81AA-06DFEED9A476}) (Version: 8.24.1218.2013 - Realtek)
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver (HKLM-x32\...\{F132AF7F-7BCA-4EDE-8A7C-958108FE7DBC}) (Version: 6.0.1.7246 - Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)
REALTEK Wireless LAN Driver (HKLM-x32\...\{A5107464-AA9B-4177-8129-5FF2F42DD322}) (Version: 1.00.13.1216 - REALTEK Semiconductor Corp.)
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum (HKLM-x32\...\{907B4640-266B-4A21-92FB-CD1A86CD0F63}) (Version: 1.00.000 - Atari)
Skype™ 6.21 (HKLM-x32\...\{24991BA0-F0EE-44AD-9CC8-5EC50AECF6B7}) (Version: 6.21.104 - Skype Technologies S.A.)
Start Menu (HKCU\...\Pokki_Start_Menu) (Version: 0.269.7.564 - Pokki)
swMSM (x32 Version: 12.0.0.1 - Adobe Systems, Inc) Hidden
Synaptics Pointing Device Driver (HKLM\...\SynTPDeinstKey) (Version: 18.1.7.8 - Synaptics Incorporated)
Trillian (HKLM-x32\...\Trillian) (Version:  - Cerulean Studios, LLC)
Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB974631) (HKLM-x32\...\{91120000-002F-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}_HOMESTUDENTR_{1D53FB73-9826-4541-B2E0-A239C6EBA718}) (Version:  - )
Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB974631) (HKLM-x32\...\{91120000-002F-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}_HOMESTUDENTR_{34726474-50D6-49FC-B8AC-35411459D27A}) (Version:  - )
Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{C4E2A4A7-B623-40CB-8EEA-72F577E49D56}) (Version: 1.00.0000 - Activision)
Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines (x32 Version: 1.00.0000 - Activision) Hidden
Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines (x32 Version: 1.2 - Activision) Hidden
Zoo Tycoon: Complete Collection (HKLM-x32\...\Zoo Tycoon 1.0) (Version:  - )

========================= Devices: ================================

========================= Memory info: ===================================

Percentage of memory in use: 26%
Total physical RAM: 7365.29 MB
Available physical RAM: 5415.16 MB
Total Pagefile: 8517.29 MB
Available Pagefile: 6503.08 MB
Total Virtual: 4095.88 MB
Available Virtual: 3971.73 MB

========================= Partitions: =====================================

1 Drive c: (Windows) (Fixed) (Total:908.82 GB) (Free:817.27 GB) NTFS
2 Drive d: (RECOVERY) (Fixed) (Total:21.68 GB) (Free:2.16 GB) NTFS

========================= Users: ========================================

User accounts for \\HAWKE

Administrator            Alleycat                 Guest                    

**** End of log ****

Attached Files

Edited by devilbear, 18 March 2015 - 05:33 PM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

For your machine to run slower at bootup after disabling startup items is beyond me, this is the first time someone has told me that....??

Ok run these two programs, reboot after and tell me how things are.

https://singularlabs...e/system-ninja/

https://privacyroot....pe-download.php

When you run Wipe make sure all items are ticked in the windows section.

Capture.JPG

Then run a defrag with this tool.

http://www.toolwiz.c...z-smart-defrag/

Reboot your machine after you have completed the above task, tell me how things are. We still have work to do, just tell me how things are at this point. :)

devilbear

devilbear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Who even knows. The programs I launched were Firefox and Skype and with the internet also going more slowly perhaps that was just the problem. It does seem to be a bit less slow now, at least. Maybe it was just the DNS taking some time or something.

I ran System Ninja, though I told it to ignore a few things (temp files associated with the Vampire game I mentioned earlier; I don't know whether the mods installed rely on that info, and don't mind having it laying around since I have a 1TB hard drive anyway).

I'm rather hesitant with Wipe, if only because I'm the kind of person who really doesn't mind a little clutter when it keeps things convenient (eg: cache is a godsend for someone like myself with super-slow internet, thumbnail caches make it take less time when I try to load my folders full of hundreds of images). I'd hope that enough clutter was cleared out with the previous tools.

And I've had bad luck with third party defraggers. Namely, after I tried to use one on my old laptop last year, I was stuck spending over a week fighting to get it back in working order. Granted, that was a system with a confirmed-damaged hard drive and a chkdsk eventually helped fix it up, but it does make me wary. Though I do know the system was defragged when in HP's custody, less than eight boot cycles ago. (It's been like two weeks, but I haven't used the system much since then.)

Advice on the necessity / a bit more details of those two steps would likely help. I'd prefer to skip if possible just because I'm paranoid, but I don't want to mess up anything if it's absolutely necessary to run them.

That said, I honestly have no clue if it's performing better or worse-- aside from the fact that now I'm seeing constant, low-level network usage reported in Rainmeter, which did not exist before and shouldn't exist now. I haven't the faintest clue what's causing it, and I see nothing suspect when doing "netstat -o -n" in a command prompt. But this afternoon, before attempting any of the tools, it started up fine, so I don't know how to determine if it's any better in that regard since the issue has been intermittent.

Edited by devilbear, 18 March 2015 - 09:22 PM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Honestly I have ran the steps that I am putting you through on a large number of machines and have had no issues plus good results with each machine, when you are taking my instructions and doing what you want with each one......... At this end of this you are gonna say well my computer is the same.......

You can either follow the steps  I give you or it seems like I am wasting my time typing this.  

Your choice to continue.

Run wipe and the defrag or please start a new thread and wait on another person to assist you. :)

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

I have asked another person to assist you. :)

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

rockmilk has invited me to take a look at your issues.

Warning in event viewer can mostly be ignored.   Red Icons with the X  are important and should be investigated if you see the same type or errors multiple times..

"Critical    2/19/2015 4:42:45 PM    Kernel-Power    41    (63)

This and similar are caused often by incorrect shutting down of Windows. You should only use the Power Button as a last resort, this is known as a Hard Shutdown, it does not allow widows to terminate applications properly, stops any information that may be writing to files that can causes corruptions, and more.

​Use the Desktop, Showdown (or Restart), this will insure the task/s are performed correctly.

Do you want further assistance?

devilbear

devilbear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hi, and thanks. I actually have my power plan set to shut down the computer with the power button, and when I use it, it goes to the "shutting down..." screen, the same as if I use the desktop's link. Does Windows not respect its own settings in this regard and end up rushing the process, then? If so, I'll set the power button to do nothing so I can force myself to use the menu.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Does Windows not respect its own settings in this regard and end up rushing the process, then? If so, I'll set the power button to do nothing so I can force myself to use the menu.

The power button should work but many Windows 8.1 users are having similar issues. 

No, don't change your power plan for now.   Go into Event Viewer, clear all the logs then exit.   Shut Down using the power button, then restart, perform it 3 times, then go to Event Viewer, do you still see errors?

Are you just briefly pressing the poser button, or holding it in? 

Do you use Hibernation? 

devilbear

devilbear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

When turning it on initially, it had no "improper shutdown" errors. Upon clearing logs and performing three shutdown cycles as requested, it didn't show the symptoms from before. I did, however, find this in the event log afterward:

Error    3/20/2015 12:06:31 AM    DistributedCOM    10010    None

--   "The server {03E64E17-B220-4052-9B9B-155F9CB8E016} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout."

Error    3/19/2015 11:59:19 PM    Store-Licensing    512    None

--    "Windows Store failed to sync machine licenses. Result code 0x80070490"

As for the power button, I only briefly press it as I might to type a letter on the keyboard.

And to the best of my knowledge, hibernation is still enabled but I don't actually use it. (I've been under the impression that having it enabled is necessary for hybrid boot, but I never use standard hibernation and have ensured no buttons are set to hibernate the system-- only shutdown or sleep.)

Edited by devilbear, 19 March 2015 - 11:34 PM.