Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Solved Problems accessing internet with Bolse 300Mbps Wireless-N 7nUSB

Bolse Wireless Adaptor Xp 2002

• Please log in to reply

ADMS

ADMS

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi I've just bought a Bolse 300 Mbps Wireless-N Usb Network Adaptor from Amazon for my dad's computer running windows xp 2002 32 bit. I installed it using the cd and it connected to the internet. He rebooted and it hasn't worked since. The router is in a room nearby, has a good signal. I tried removing and reinstalling and although it is visible it shows as being firewalled. I tried to add it through Windows but I got a message saying Windows cannot connect to it and to use the software that came with it. Turning off the Windows firewall makes no difference. The last couple of times I tried to connect it Windows shut down and gave a serious error message. Any ideas - dad is really disappointed!

Edited by ADMS, 25 March 2015 - 04:50 PM.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
  • Please go here and download Speccy.
  • Install and run the program.
  • Upon Completion:
  • Hit File
  • Publish Snap Shot
  • A link will pop-up on your desktop, please post The Link here in your next reply.

Download Autoruns and Autorunsc Unzip it to your desktop and then double click autoruns.exe After the scan is finished then click on File>>>>>>>>>>>Save The default name will be autoruns.arn make sure to save it as Autoruns.txt under the file type option. in other words make sure it is a .txt file instead of .arn Attach the text in your next reply.

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

ADMS

ADMS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks but I don't really understand your reply. Can you spell out what to do with my wireless adaptor problem? Thanks.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Run these programs on the computer and post the logs in your next reply, you can skip speccy.  Transfer them to the problem machine with a cd/dvd or usb storage device.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Without logs to see what is happening, I am just shooting in the dark.....

ADMS

ADMS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you. I will try to do what you suggest next week and post results. Get back to you soon.

robherr

robherr

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

If that still doesn't work, try to find other adaptor  that will work on XP.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

The logs.....