Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

gmail and thunderbird and avg free

• Please log in to reply

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
how do i configure gmail with thunderbird and avg :tazz: ;) ;) :tazz: ;) :)

Edited by bobthemailman, 13 June 2005 - 05:26 PM.

Advertisements

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
ok i got gmail to work with thunderbird now ;) . but i cannot configure avg's email scanner to work with gmail and thunderbird. :tazz:

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Double click the AVG icon in the system tray. What does it say in the "E-mail Scanner" box?

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
it says "fully functinal" however i know its not working because i used to get a little notififcation at the bottom of my email's that said scanned by avg(this was when i had a email account with comcast.net) and the log in the email scanner says that it has scanned no email messages. also when i used to get my mail it said that they where being scanned by avg, again now it does not. :tazz: i think its something to do with gmails akward way of having me conect to their server. like they have different security setting and ports to use. but i added the servers that i connect to in the server tab with all the proper security settings and it still does not work. ;)