Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SuperantiSpyware is blocked, wont' run. Wireless printer not print

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

rileyfam3

rileyfam3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

I'm glad numbers here don't matter. I'd be bound to ruin anyone's. :(  I guess with that email group I am in, if they don't type a little note about the link (which many do, but sometimes people just post the link with no info or anything else) then from now on I am not going to trust it and won't click it.  I am beginning to wonder if Pinterest is giving me trouble also. Not the actual site, but maybe some of the pins there, when you click on some, they have a blog or website with a whole lot of pop-up ads on the site. But I have no idea if that an cause virus problems or not. But that is the newest website I've been into a lot lately, and now suddenly having a lot of computer problems. But I have no idea.

Here is the Security Check thing:

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.99 
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (UAC is enabled) 
 Internet Explorer 11 
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
 Windows Firewall Enabled! 
 WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
 JavaFX 2.1.1   
 Java version 32-bit out of Date!
 Adobe Reader XI 
 Google Chrome (41.0.2272.101)
 Google Chrome (41.0.2272.89)
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent```````` 
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
 Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 1%
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

Advertisements

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts
Very good. Update Java, cause it's a very vulnerable thing.

updates.png Update outdated software

Staying always updated is crucial, not only for your operating system, but also for any third-party installed software.
Your logs clearly indicate that some of your software needs updating.

javacup.png Updating Java manually
  • Click the Start button
  • Click Control Panel
  • Double click Java - Looks like a coffee cup. You may have to switch to Classical View to see it.
  • Click the Update tab
  • Click Update Now
  • Allow any updates to be downloaded and installed.
  • If prompted (during the installation) to also install ASK toolbar, leave this unchecked - Ask does not have a good reputation.
  • From Control panel also please remove any older versions of Java - do not leave them installed!.
Please remember to keep your software always updated. It's crucial as the bugs are still discovered and patched by the vendors.

51a5ce45263de-delfix.png Clean with DelFix

Please download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.
  • Right-click on 51a5ce45263de-delfix.png icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Ensure that Remove disinfection tools, Purge system restore and Reset system settings are checked.
  • Push Run.
  • When finished, it will display a notepad report.
Include it for my review.
Please also manually reboot your machine after posting your logfile.

rileyfam3

rileyfam3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

I reinstalled Java and then it had a pop up asking if I wanted it to uninstall old Java, so I did. But after there was still one older Java in my programs so I uninstalled that one too.

Here is the info from the Delfix and now I will go reboot.

# DelFix v10.9 - Logfile created 31/03/2015 at 16:03:06
# Updated 27/02/2015 by Xplode
# Username : Laurie - SCOTT-HP
# Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (64 bits)

~ Removing disinfection tools ...

Deleted : C:\FRST
Deleted : C:\AdwCleaner
Deleted : C:\logFileUI.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\Laurie\Desktop\FSS.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\Laurie\Desktop\JRT.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\Laurie\Downloads\Addition.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\Laurie\Downloads\AdwCleaner.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Laurie\Downloads\FRST.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\Laurie\Downloads\FRST64.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Laurie\Downloads\FSS.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Laurie\Downloads\SecurityCheck.exe
Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\AdwCleaner

~ Cleaning system restore ...

Deleted : RP #337 [Windows Update | 03/25/2015 11:57:04]
Deleted : RP #338 [Windows Update | 03/26/2015 12:36:33]
Deleted : RP #339 [Windows Update | 03/27/2015 07:38:58]
Deleted : RP #340 [Windows Update | 03/28/2015 09:27:52]
Deleted : RP #341 [Windows Update | 03/29/2015 08:29:13]
Deleted : RP #342 [Windows Update | 03/30/2015 12:21:27]
Deleted : RP #343 [Windows Update | 03/31/2015 12:21:34]
Deleted : RP #344 [Removed JavaFX 2.1.1 | 03/31/2015 19:58:33]

New restore point created !

~ Resetting system settings ... OK

########## - EOF - ##########

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts

Below you will find my thoughts about securing your machine. Go ahead through it, you will benefit from some useful advice about safe computing.

Recommended reading:

icon_exclaim.gif MUST READ - security tips: Computer Security - a short guide to staying safer online.
icon_exclaim.gif MUST READ - general maintenance: What to do if your Computer is running slowly?

Recommended additional software:

icon_arrow.gif TFC - to clean unneeded temporary files.
icon_arrow.gif Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - to scan your system from time to time in search for malware.
icon_arrow.gif Malwarebytes' Anti-Exploit - to prevent plenty of mostly exploited vulnerabilities.
icon_arrow.gif McShield - to prevent infections spread by removable media.
icon_arrow.gif CryptoPrevent - to secure yourself from very severe CryptoLocker infection.
icon_arrow.gif Unchecky - to prevent from installing additional foistware, implemented in legitimate installations.

Now if you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. Otherwise simply acknowledge my recommendations and this topic will be closed.

Minion-Bye-smaller.jpg

Stay safe,
Naat :)

rileyfam3

rileyfam3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Sounds good. I'll keep those articles bookmarked for future reference. That sounds great to be able to clean things up my computer now, and have the steps written out how to do it. That is a big help.

Should I download all the things at the same time, the TFC, Malwarebytes Anti-Maleware, Malwarebytes Antiexploit, Mcshield, Crypto Prevent, and Unchecky all now? It's okay to have that many installed at once? If so, I'll go ahead and do that.

Also, did you mention there is a tech help area here, that could help me fix why my wireless printer is not working? If so, that would be a huge help. Thanks so much.

~ I just went to click to buy you a beer to thank you for your help. It looked like you are in Poland? I am in the USA. I had ancestry there a few decades ago that came over to the US. But my grandmother and uncle have passed away. I miss them.  How nice to meet someone from there.  :) 

Take care.

Laurie

Edited by rileyfam3, 01 April 2015 - 08:00 AM.

rileyfam3

rileyfam3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

So I can go change my passwords now too?

rileyfam3

rileyfam3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

I couldn't use any of the Malwarebytes Antimalwares or the McShield because they said my license expired?? So maybe I had used their free download already in the past, maybe? I don't remember. But next week, after I pay some bills due, I am going to pay for the $24.95 Malwarebytes Antimaleware download option. The TFC and Crypto worked fine, I think. And the Unchecky sounds great and I ran that one also. Thanks for the recommendations.

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.