Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

PC will not boot anymore

no boot 1 beep

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

- Lian Li PC-Tu200 case

- Intel i5-2500 CPU

- Intel DQ67EP mini-ITX mobo

- Silverstone SST-ST60F-ES PSU

- Noctua NH-L9i HSF

- Envidia GTX660Ti graphics card

- 1TB Seagate HD

I had been watching a video on youtube and comp shut down suddenly.  Came back on showing a thermal trip had occurred.  After checking, found the thermal paste was fine, read up that it could be a faulty cable for the HSF.  Replaced it with the noctua one I have listed, but after breadboarding, the fans of the PSU and HSF start up, then there is a single beep from the mobo and then everything shuts off again.  This happens with bare bones, no RAM or HD or GPU attached.  I know I should be hearing a code for missing memory and I can't see anything on the error codes in the mobo manual that coincide with this.  Any ideas?

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,707 posts

:welcome: Matt_the_Cat .

Did you completely remove all the old TIM from the CPU.

Did you aptly new TIM before installing the heatsink?

Check the cooler is correctly mounted and the CPU fan is connected to the correct fan header.

Best to start with MB base settings.  Try clearing the CMOS, then enter BIOS, go exit menu, load Defaults, save and exit. 

You have no RAM installed, 1 beep Refresh failure, Explanation: Does not detect RAM, or system is having a problem accessing the system memory to refresh it. Refreshing is done on all system memory to keep its contents active.

Install one stick in slot 1, test, then 2, 3, and 4, then post back.

Attached Thumbnails

• AMI Beep Dodes.jpg

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,707 posts

Been a while since we heard from you.   Have you sorted out the problems?   An update would be appreciated.