Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

blue screen

• Please log in to reply

regan

regan

• Pip
  • 3 posts
ok, recently as i was playing my favorite game guild wars :tazz: i got this blue screen... so i turned off my computer . and started playing guild wars some more after about 10 mins or so i get the blue screen again. it seems i only get the blue screen while playing guild wars. but i dont think it is guildwars cause i use to beable to play it just fine... can anyone help me out ...?

Advertisements

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Do you get an error message when the game crashes ? (The title of your post mentions a .ddl file, which I think should be a .dll file)
Try uninstalling and re-installing the game, if it still crashes post back with the full error message.

regan

regan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok, ill reinstall hope it works...

Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Hi regan, Welcome to GTG !!
Also if you can tell us what the message says. If it is a BSOD with a lot of numbers, second line from the top will read like this :
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

This is just an example !!

regan

regan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i fixed the problem, nvm guys!

EtrnalXellotath

EtrnalXellotath

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Can you tell us how you fixed it?

Did re-installing work?

=/

Edited by EtrnalXellotath, 20 June 2005 - 04:13 AM.

Viz7BL

Viz7BL

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm having the same problems, it says i need to change my video adapter mixed in with all the digits on the blue screen, I've already reinstalled, but still won't stop help plz!? :tazz:

sshblack

sshblack

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have also had problems with the error message containing ialmdds.dll on the blue screen. Funny enough it was while playing Guild Wars too. I haven't been on it in a while and thought it was just something I hadn't downloaded in the never ending update. (I hadn't played it in over a year then had to wait over 20 minutes for a huge update download to come through.)

With the blue screen it just dumped me out and then asked me to reboot. Now I can't get that blue screen cos my game just freezes.

How did you solve it???

Should I find the ialmdds.dll file and re-install it, or do I need it or do I delete it? What the [bleep] do I do?

It's about twenty minutes from Screen-punching time. Make that five.

Help. Someone. Please.