Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mouse freezes after login

• Please log in to reply

cros4t

cros4t

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

I am logged in as an administrator.  I checked just to be sure.  I understand that it may be counter-productive, but I changed it back to the original settings (and then back again) and now I cannot connect to the internet.  The mouse did work fine in that mode though.  I am trying to get that back on, but time is working against me as I will be out of town for a few days.  My keyboard and mouse are the kind that have a regular plug into the back of the computer.  I did buy a usb wired mouse, but the issue was the same. 

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,023 posts
 I understand that it may be counter-productive, but I changed it back to the original settings (and then back again) 

To what original settings are you referring please.

This is an HP Pavillion p6-2133w  Desktop

The full specs including for the MB can be found here

My keyboard and mouse are the kind that have a regular plug into the back of the computer.

Is the computer at the above link the correct one or has the MB ever been changed, the reason that I ask is because the Pegatron AAHD3-HB (Hibiscus) MB that the computer shipped with does not have PS/2 ports that accept the type of keyboard and mouse connections shown below;

Put this thread on hold until you return if you need to.

Attached Thumbnails

• PS 2 keyboard and mouse plugs.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,023 posts

Not heard from you for a while cros4t, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

cros4t

cros4t

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

I want to close this for now.  It has been working for the most part, but I have to take care of a family member recovering from major heart surgery.  I do appreciate all the help guys.  Thanks so much!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,023 posts

Family comes first so no problem reply when you are able to.

Good luck to you both  :thumbsup: