Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Use Firefox but have IE files in cache

• Please log in to reply

Ann_FL

Ann_FL

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello,

I use Firefox exclusively as my browser. I also use a little app called CCleaner each time I go offline to clean out the cache, temp files etc.

What I've noticed, regularly, is that each time I run CCleaner, it always shows thousands of files from IE (plus the Firefox files). It looks like even though I use Mozilla, someone else is using IE when I'm online.

What could be causing this? It does concern me but I don't know whether to be annoyed or really concrned.

Thanks,

Ann

Use Winwows 8.1 and Firefox 36.04

Advertisements

Glen Fiddich

Glen Fiddich

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

I have a similar thing with CCleaner. There are only about 25 IE files so I do not worry about them. I think that IE does a lot of snaky stuff in the backgroung phoning home etc.

Ann_FL

Ann_FL

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks Glen for your reply. 25 files not bad. However, I have thousands of files from IE even though I don't use that as my browser. I see there've been 91 views to my question. I guess no one knows the cause of this (other than sneaky stuff)?