Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need help CPU won't connect to Internet. My wifi router shows but

Help dell Internet

• Please log in to reply

Jackd321

Jackd321

• Pip
  • 1 posts

So I'm not technical at all couldn't tell you the first thing about anything computers,what I do know is my computer won't connect to the Internet and my wifi connection is showing on everything wireless but also not connecting. She's a bit old but I've never had problems up until this point. I just need everything working again and I refuse to pay a million bucks for that to happen. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Just let me know what information is required because I'm kind of desperate here.

It's a dell e310 btw anything else required please let me know

Advertisements

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 633 posts

Hello Jackd321... and :welcome:

I'm sorry to hear of your trouble, we will be glad to help in any way we can.  First, I have a few questions to help clarify some things:

1)  I'm assuming your wi-fi worked correctly at some point, yes?

2)  If so, how long has this issue been going on?

3)  Did anything change between the time it worked normally and when the problem occurred?  (update drivers, hardware/software installation, etc?)

Have you tried power cycling your modem and/or wireless router?