Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what's going on with Macbook Pro

• Please log in to reply

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Hello, 

Was working on Macbook Pro when screen went weird. (See image 0150325screena) Tried restarting but it wouldn't boot up. Left it off overnight. Next day it started fine.

Left it sleeping two days. Wouldn't wake up. Restarted it and walked away. About 2 minutes later I see this screen (

20150328Screen02a) I rebooted but it basically stops with this screen (2015-03-28SCREEN)

Any help or suggestions?

Thank you for your time.

bamakodaker

Attached Thumbnails

• 2015-03-28SCREENa.jpg
  • 20150328Screen02a.jpg
  • 20150325screena.jpg

Advertisements

Caliburn

Caliburn

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Hello, 

Was working on Macbook Pro when screen went weird. (See image 0150325screena) Tried restarting but it wouldn't boot up. Left it off overnight. Next day it started fine.

Left it sleeping two days. Wouldn't wake up. Restarted it and walked away. About 2 minutes later I see this screen (

20150328Screen02a) I rebooted but it basically stops with this screen (2015-03-28SCREEN)

Any help or suggestions?

Thank you for your time.

bamakodaker

Looks like physical damage to the computer, to me. I'd recommend taking it in for repair, as there's not much anyone can do, although someone may have a second opinion...

Edited by Caliburn, 29 March 2015 - 07:17 AM.

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Here are some suggestions I found with search for graphicboard or motherboard issues;

https://cfusting.wor...o-back-to-life/

Logic board fix

Just a bit concerned about baking the motherboard   

itsmesunny

itsmesunny

• PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

The second pic is called a 'kernel panic.' That happened to my Mb Pro. The term is accurate cuz I did panic when I saw it.

It was a while ago and I do not remember the fix but you could look up that term.