Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

ASUS P5P800SE (motherboard)

ASUS Motherboard

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I have an older Asus board  P5P800SE and recently got an error message telling me to select proper boot device or insert boot media, the BIOS boots up but will not boot into the operating system, I am running Windows Vista (business service pack 2) any suggestions?

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

That error usually indicates a disconnected, damaged, or dead hard drive. :(

Do you see a hard drive listed in the BIOS/CMOS Setup? If not, make sure the hard drive is connected properly to power and the motherboard, then boot back into the BIOS/CMOS Setup and check again. If it's still not showing up, chances are the hard drive needs to be replaced.