Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Programs only allowed to be launch after a while (~30mins)

• Please log in to reply

zinesta

zinesta

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi guys. I am seriously not sure how do I go about asking this question that have been bugging me since months back. The issue is this probably happens 3 out of 10 times when I start up my PC (windows 7, 64 bit).

So what happens in these 3 times is everything starts up as per normal and then the first thing that I notice is that my Razer Synapse (thats usually part of my startup program) did not get launched and that's when I know "it is one of that time".

Any other programs other than IE will refused to be launched as well. These includes:

- Chrome

- Steam

- BitComet

- Avast Antivirus (Professional version and yes its original)

When I look at the Task Manager, it is actually registered under the "Processes" tab but nothing is actually happening on my home screen.

However, after about 30 mins or so, I am able to mysteriously launch these programs again. It is NOT a scenario where 30 mins before I try launching a program, it failed, and then 30 mins later it launches by itself. No, not like this. But rather I have to manually double click those programs though.

So I am assuming that this sounds like a virus but my Avast didn't detect anything when I do a full scan.

So Experts out there, I appreciate any form of inputs that you may have. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements