Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"graphics" help, big hardware change

• Please log in to reply

ferday

ferday

• Pip
  • 1 posts

hi, first post (i usually can figure out things for myself, but would appreciate advice in this case)

i just swapped an AMD a4 for an intel i7.  i used sysprep (win 7) to keep the old windows install.  things are working ok (a little buggy but slowly fixing it), but i have a question

i use a radeon r9 gpu, the i7 came with onboard realtek HD audio/video....i'm currently running 3 monitors off of the radeon (2x DVI + display port).  what i'd really like is to use the HDMI output on the realtek to output multichannel audio 

i have gotten it so it works!  for about 5-10 seconds, then a blue screen.  i've enabled the onboard / multi monitor in the bios.  the crash is always related to the AMD video driver...if i output the audio through the hdmi but don't turn on the receiver, i don't get an error but as soon as i power on the receiver it obviously makes the PC think i have another monitor attached

is there a way around this that i'm just not getting?  or is this just a pipe dream....

thanks

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

:welcome:

What is the brand/model of the new MB?

I have not used Sysprep, Can it account for 2 different BOIS?