Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

processor fan turn on and off in a loop (Solved)

processot fan boot fail nostartup turn on and off repedately

• Please log in to reply

Adi1996

Adi1996

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Suddenly my processpr fan started turning on and off in a loop , it starts for 1-2 sec and turns off and sometimes it turn on after 6-7 loop of on and off their is still no display , few mins ago the system started to the homescreen and suddenly turned off and problem is occuring again and again

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

:welcome: Adi1996

You are going to have to work inside the computer, so in case you have not done so before.

Always switch of the PSU and monitor, take anti static measures by briefly touching a bare metal part of the computer case.

Unplug all external devices, except the monitor, mouse and keyboard.

Possible loose connection.   Remove then reseat the power cables to the MB, GPU, Optical drive and Hard Drive. 

Check for dust and debris, clean if nec.

Remove and reseat the RAM then test.

Setting in the BIOS may be corrupted.   Restart the computer, > enter the BIOS, > go to the Exit Menu, > Load the Default or Safe Setting, > Save Setting, > press OK. 

When the computer restarts, is the problem fixed?   If Not.

Possible dying PSU or overheating CPU/GPU.

You will need to post back and give the full system specs, including brand/model of the PSU. 

Adi1996

Adi1996

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

:welcome: Adi1996
You are going to have to work inside the computer, so in case you have not done so before.
Always switch of the PSU and monitor, take anti static measures by briefly touching a bare metal part of the computer case.
Unplug all external devices, except the monitor, mouse and keyboard.
Possible loose connection.   Remove then reseat the power cables to the MB, GPU, Optical drive and Hard Drive. 
Check for dust and debris, clean if nec.
Remove and reseat the RAM then test.

Setting in the BIOS may be corrupted.   Restart the computer, > enter the BIOS, > go to the Exit Menu, > Load the Default or Safe Setting, > Save Setting, > press OK. 
When the computer restarts, is the problem fixed?   If Not.

Possible dying PSU or overheating CPU/GPU.

You will need to post back and give the full system specs, including brand/model of the PSU.

No i am not new to this , but when problem occurred earlier i used to take out wire and ram and it solves the problem

But this time i am unable to figure out

So as you told me above i took out that mb power wire and put it back again and their were 2 wires going from buttons and usb to motherboard i took the wires out and put them back in and i took out ram from 1 slot and putted it into the second slot

And then when i somehow tried to power on it
It just got on and then i got into bios and did as you said "default seeing" and pc started again and after i was doing some stuff 5 mins later pc stucked , i restarted it and them same problem occured cpu fan and off and if it may load to mobo logo screen it stuck at "EB" and then same story

System specs are :
Motherboards -Intel dh61ww
Cpu - Intel core i3 2100 cpu 3.10ghz
Ram - 2 gb ddr3/ddr4 not sure about it

While i was seeing these specs in bios it got stuck and i had to restart and 1 more thing earlier i had removed the cpu fan and put it back again .

Edited by Adi1996, 01 April 2015 - 08:54 AM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Thanks for the update.

When you removed the heatsink and fan, did you completely clean off all the TIM from both the CPU top and heatsink base, then apply new TIM?

Are you using some new hardware, i.e. headphone, USB printer, keyboard/mouse, flash drive?

Disconnect all peripheral hardware, except the monitor, keyboard/mouse.   If the mouse/keyboard are USB, ensure they are connected to the top 2 ports on the back of the case.

Does it now Boot?   Do you still get the EB code displayed.?   If yes, and you let it just sit there, does it suddenly complete the post? or just reboot?

Will the computer run in Safe Mode?

Been searching, "Intel dh61ww BIOS code EB"   Results point to, 

"EB - Calling Video BIOS" failed.

"Calling Legacy Option ROMs" failed.  Often pointing to USB problems. 

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Been a while since we heard from you.   Have you fixed the problem?   An update would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

Adi1996

Adi1996

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Ya i have figured it out that it was because of the ram

They told me the ram i gave them is no more produced by the company, so the told me this model no.KVR13N9S6/2GB will work with my mobo "Dh61ww" and it will take a month to be replaced .

Now the thing is i waana buy another ram but dont know should i buy the same model no. Ram they tild me will work or i can biy different model.no ram same company but 4gb one and what if the one they send me will be different from the one i will buy will they both will work together without any issue ?

Adi1996

Adi1996

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
And ram company is Kingston

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Thanks for the reply.

Did you run a memory test and get errors?

If you want 4GB of Total memory, you must buy the exact same model, Kingston KVR13N9S6/2GB.   Do not buy a 4GB stick.

If you have an operating system that is a 64bit version, you could use 8GB of memory but it must be 2 sticks of 4GB. 

Please let us know if it works OK.

Adi1996

Adi1996

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
What if i buy Kingston KVR13N9S6 4gb and they give me Kingston KVR13N9S6 2gb will it not make the total memory 6gb or their will be some issues ?

So basically i should wait till i get the replaced one as if they sent me different model no. The one i bought will not work together na ?

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Before answering your questions.

Please tell s what operating systm is installed, and is it 32 bit or 64 bit. 

Adi1996

Adi1996

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
It us currently win 7 32bit but i am planning to upgarde it to win 7 64bit

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Thanks.

32 bit OS can only use 4GB or memory, so if you install 8GB it can not be used until you change to the 64 bit OS.

Because you MB only has 2 memory slot, if you buy another Kingston KVR13N9S6 2gb giving a total of 4GB, and you later want 8GB, the already instlled rem will be wasted.

What if i buy Kingston KVR13N9S6 4gb and they give me Kingston KVR13N9S6 2gb will it not make the total memory 6gb or their will be some issues ?

They probable will work together, but not give you the best performance as the 4GB stick will run in Flex Mode.

My advice would be to cancel  your order and buy this kit as it gives you exactly what you want, the best performance and works out cheaper. 

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820239613

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

How are thighs going with the purchase/install of your RAM?   An update would be appreciated.

Thanks.  

Adi1996

Adi1996

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
The problem is solved after i replaced my ram

Thanks for the help though ☺

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Thanks for the update and good to hear the problem solved.

You are very welcome. :thumbsup:

Good luck.