Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No bootable devices available error-please help ASAP (Solved)

Best Answer Elton yu , 04 November 2015 - 06:06 AM

HEY GUYS any of you still around?    So i got my laptop checked and my brothers gonna take it to the shop to replace the dam harddrive (it was the harddrives fault as said by a technician... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

the only reason i can think of why the iso won't burn is because of the burning software your using,

i'd try using imgburn :- http://www.imgburn.com/

i'll leave iammykyl explain how he wants you to use the files he downloaded, but to extract a zip file you just right click on it and select extract here or something like that, then probably put them on a disk or bootable usb drive to use but wait for iammykyl to confirm this and explain how he wants you to use them.

i think the tweaking windows repair is going to be your best bet to fix your problem so will let iammykyl only advise you for a while so not to confuse things.

:popcorn:

Edited by terry1966, 10 April 2015 - 06:49 AM.

Advertisements

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Alright

Hes still not online yet though...

Edited by Elton yu, 10 April 2015 - 08:29 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Back again.

Hover the mouse over the zip file (note the square zip icon) > right click, from the menu that opens, > Highlight your zip program, from the fly out menu, click extract here, the file will be extracted to the same place (directory) as the zip file, If you look at the extracted file icon, you will see it is now a plain folder icon.  This is what you will burn to CD.

Please watch this video, you will be using a burning software, same as the one terry mentioned.  > 

https://www.google.c...9,d.dGc&cad=rjt

ImgBurn, > http://www.imgburn.com/

Just so wee know what's been done.

1.   Did you test the Repair Disc on the windows PC?

2.   Did you download and burn the the UBCD discs?

3.   Did you download and burn the suse kde live?

4.   Have you done anything else?

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
1.yes it does work
2.-4. Yes

I have burned all 3 discs and ill wait for further instructions

Edited by Elton yu, 10 April 2015 - 11:43 PM.

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

i don't like the fact the repair disc you made works on your other pc but not the one your trying to fix so until iammykyl gets back can you see if you can run the memory test using the kde live disk you burned just to rule out a memory problem that may cause problems with running any instructions he'll give you.

Edited by terry1966, 10 April 2015 - 11:54 PM.

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Wait wat...

only the Ultimate Boot CD seems to work

the Tweaking.com - Windows Repair dosnt even show up,the openSUSE,is this

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Edited by Elton yu, 11 April 2015 - 12:13 AM.

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

well at least iammykyl can try and fix your problems with the ultimate boot cd, don't worry about the others at the moment.

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Okay then I will wait for him

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Unfortunately, using any form of DOS Command prompt from the programs I have given you, non will work.   

Terry may know of a method using Linux as you can access the windows OS, It may be possible to run SFC using a Linux DOS.   Bash may be another option, but that one is beyond me.

The best chance f making a repair to the file system is with Windows 7 installation CD.   Please try to borrow one.   If you know someone with a disc, but they do not want to lend it to you, it is legal for them to make one copy as a backup, you could borrow that to make a repair, but it would not be possible to use it to reinstall W7 on your laptop. 

Terry asked you to run a memory test as the repair disc you made, runs on the W7 machine, but not on the Laptop.

Please put the UBCD into the Laptop DVD tray and restart, > use the F8 key to Boot from CD.

> on the first menu, > arrow down to Memory, > press Enter.

On the second screen, > arrow down to Memtest86, > press enter.

When the test screen open, click  Start Test

Make sure the Laptop is connected to the wall socket.   Let the test run for 2 hours.   Any errors will be displayed in the bottom of the window.

How To,  see step #4. > http://www.wikihow.c...-with-MemTest86

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Ill try my best

Advertisements

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
I dont know if this is complete yet but it says its running so...

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

memory is fine, so problem is probably the dvd drive in the laptop is not as good as in your other pc/laptop so it has trouble reading burned discs, what i would try is to burn another windows 7 repair disc but make sure it is burned at 4x speed or lowest setting possible in whatever software is used to make the cd and see if that will now boot so you can try the startup repair option.

have you backed up any /all data from the hard drive because there may be a way to reinstall the operating system from the recovery partition (factory restore.) which should with luck get everything working again by making that partition the active/boot partition but would mean losing all data and programs installed on the laptop since new.

if you can create a kde live cd that will boot to desktop we can maybe use that to backup your data at least and also make the windows partition the active boot partition to see if it will fully boot that way (don't expect it will.) before using the last option of trying a factory restore to see if that will fix things.

like iammykyl says though the best and easiest thing would be if you could get your hands on a windows 7 install disk.

Edited by terry1966, 13 April 2015 - 08:05 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Please follow terry's instructions first, when completed.

Restart the Laptop and enter the BIOS, > arrow down to Maintenance, click the + sign to see if it will expand, or press enter, > take a picture and include in a reply. 

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
,how do i set the burning speed?
No i have not saved any data yet

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Edited by Elton yu, 13 April 2015 - 09:18 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Thanks for the picture, nothing useful for us.

See the imaghe for setting write speed.