Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No bootable devices available error-please help ASAP (Solved)

Best Answer Elton yu , 04 November 2015 - 06:06 AM

HEY GUYS any of you still around?    So i got my laptop checked and my brothers gonna take it to the shop to replace the dam harddrive (it was the harddrives fault as said by a technician... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Hahaha I figured out how to do the popcorn emoji thing

Hey wait a sec,the usb,i havnt made one yet,I'll probably make one tomorrow
Is it still possible with the usb though...

Edited by Elton yu, 16 May 2015 - 11:10 AM.

Advertisements

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

you can try both the usb and the hard drive diagnostic software with the drive in the laptop first if you want, personally though i'd connect it to another pc while it's out and try and save any data i could and run the hard drive diagnostic software on that pc after saving your data, once that's done then i'd put it back in the laptop again and carry on trying to figure out a way to either fix the os or get it to run the factory restore.

:popcorn:

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Connect to a pc and save data
Run the diagnostics on that pc,not the laptop
Then put the harddrive back in the laptop

Did i get it correctly?

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

yes, that's what i would do.

the hard drive diagnosis software should with luck either recovery or remap any bad sectors on the drive so when put back into the laptop it won't cause whatever problems it is now causing that stops the recovery disk from booting, then with luck it will restore any files needed to fix and boot the windows os again.

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Heres my harddrive,whos the maker?
Wester digital scorpio?

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

western digital is the maker, here's a link to it's Data Lifeguard Diagnostic program for Windows :- http://support.wdc.c...0&sid=3&lang=en

Instructions

1. Download the Windows Data Lifeguard Diagnostics, WinDlg_v1_28.zip
  2. Extract and run the program, WinDlg.exe. If running Windows Vista (or later), you will need to Right-Click on the WinDlg.exe file and choose to Run As Administrator.
  3. Read and accept the license agreement to continue.
  4. On the main program screen, there are two windows. In the top window, you will see the drives in your system that are available for testing. The model number, serial number, capacity, and SMART status of each drive will be displayed. In the bottom window, the partition information for the selected drive will be displayed.
  5. Highlight the drive and select the icon on the top row to test or run SMART status.
  6. When you select the run tests icon, the "DLGDIAG - Select an Option" window appears.
  7. You will see the following options:
    • QUICK TEST - performs SMART drive quick self-test to gather and verify the Data Lifeguard information contained on the drive.
    • EXTENDED TEST - performs a Full Media Scan to detect bad sectors. Test may take several hours to complete depending on the size of the drive.
    • WRITE ZEROS - writes zeros to the drive with options of Full Erase and Quick Erase. File system and data will be lost.
    • VIEW TEST RESULT - displays the latest test results.
  8. Select the test you wish to perform and click the Start button.
  9. When the test completes, you will be notified with a pass/fail message. Click the Close button.

run the extended test.

Edited by terry1966, 18 May 2015 - 02:48 PM.

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
I run into this on my laptop?

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Connect to a pc and save data
Run the diagnostics on that pc,not the laptop
Then put the harddrive back in the laptop

Did i get it correctly?

yes, that's what i would do.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Yes, Connect the damaged drive to your working computer and follow the instructions.

Instructions

1. Download the Windows Data Lifeguard Diagnostics, WinDlg_v1_28.zip
  2. Extract and run the program, WinDlg.exe. If running Windows Vista (or later), you will need to Right-Click on the WinDlg.exe file and choose to Run As Administrator.
  3. Read and accept the license agreement to continue.
  4. On the main program screen, there are two windows. In the top window, you will see the drives in your system that are available for testing. The model number, serial number, capacity, and SMART status of each drive will be displayed. In the bottom window, the partition information for the selected drive will be displayed.
  5. Highlight the drive and select the icon on the top row to test or run SMART status.
  6. When you select the run tests icon, the "DLGDIAG - Select an Option" window appears.
  7. You will see the following options:
    • QUICK TEST - performs SMART drive quick self-test to gather and verify the Data Lifeguard information contained on the drive.
    • EXTENDED TEST - performs a Full Media Scan to detect bad sectors. Test may take several hours to complete depending on the size of the drive.
    • WRITE ZEROS - do not select. writes zeros to the drive with options of Full Erase and Quick Erase. File system and data will be lost.
    • VIEW TEST RESULT - displays the latest test results.
  8. Select the test you wish to perform and click the Start button.
  9. When the test completes, you will be notified with a pass/fail message. Click the Close button.\\

Please post results before doing anything else.

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

i just cant download the program needed for the usb,it says this content may harm your browsing experience

also i cant connect my drive to my pc because i dont have a cable to do so...

Edited by Elton yu, 19 May 2015 - 01:14 AM.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

What  program download gives you that warning?

You will need to buy a SATA cable.

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
From the site using google chrome,i clicked download
The. It stops the download saying the warning

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

leave that download for the moment as we first need to see if we can access the drive on your working computer. That's a precaution as the software may not have a microsoft signiture, I have downloaded it without any problems.

Can you borrow or buy a SATA Data cab le?

I need to know the available cables on your PSU installed on your working computer.   Please give the brand/model.

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Im gonna try to find someone who has a SATA cable
I don't know what that PSU means :(

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

The power supply unit, (PSU), where all the cables come fron.   give the manufacturers name and the model numbers, example, (Corsair CX 550W)