Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No bootable devices available error-please help ASAP (Solved)

Best Answer Elton yu , 04 November 2015 - 06:06 AM

HEY GUYS any of you still around?    So i got my laptop checked and my brothers gonna take it to the shop to replace the dam harddrive (it was the harddrives fault as said by a technician... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
....for the past 5 mins...

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Advertisements

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Then its stuck to this,while beeping,so i plugged it to an outlet,then it stopped beeping but still stuck on this screen...Waiting for a miracle...

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Miracle....it just booted the select profile thing....checking for my data i feel so emotional now...T-T if this works ill have to end it here...thnx mate!...it takes 30 mins to finish this start up,i dunno if its permanent,im gonna try to do my usual stuff of browsing,playing and photoshopping on it and see how its status is...

Update:lag.....so laggy,its been 30 mins and i still cant open minecraft or photoshop,but it is doing it in a slow pace,which is better than not loading at all

Edited by Elton yu, 02 April 2015 - 08:25 AM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Well done Elton yu.

There may be some file corruption causing it to be laggy.   If you would like to try and make some repairs, let us know.

Have you a way to backup your important Data?

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Yes if there is a way to make some repaies and i dont have a way to backup data...

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Oh no another problem....when I try to start up it stays for a split second a blue screen saying BIOS something something restarting to prevent damage or something,sorry it's too quick I could not read it,now after restarting I chose start system repair because if I go to start windows normally it would just got to the blue screen and restart again...after system repair it turns off...now I'm retryinf system repair and see how it goes...

Update: always restart when turn on normally,but at system repair its stuck at the black screen with a mouse pointer..im just waiting for any respinse from it..

Edited by Elton yu, 03 April 2015 - 01:21 AM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Sorry for the delay, been busy today and the time difference makes things awkward.

Any results yet?

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Nope

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Still wont let me in...i decided to shut it down and just wait until later 6 pm (Phillipine standard time)
When i try to system repair its stuck with the black screen and mouse pointer

Restart is the fate of starting normally,
Same as starting it back when it was good..

Edited by Elton yu, 03 April 2015 - 03:03 AM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

OK.   

When trying to do these software repairs, make sure you are connected to a wall socket.

> Start the laptop and start tapping the key to enter the BIOS.

> Tab along the top and click the Exit Menu,

> Select the Default Settings,

> Press the F10 key,

> on the next screen, > click yes, then (if needed) > click OK.

The laptop should restart to the windows Desktop.

Post back the results.

Please do not do anything else without further instructions. 

Advertisements

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Im sorry i dont understand...igo in bios and tab along the top?vand select default settings?

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Its annoying how startup repair just ends up as broken as the start windows normally...with a blank black screen with a pointer

Sorry for the wring words a few posts above...i meanr startup repair not system repair,anyways jm still confused because when i enter BIOS,i dont know what you mean by tab so i just press my TAb and nothing happens...

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Have a read, > http://www.wikihow.com/Enter-BIOS

When you see the BIOS screen displayed, use your keyboard right arrows until the EXIT box along the top is highlighted, > press enter,

Then use the Down arrow until Load Default Settings is highlighted,

Press the F10 key, > a little window will open, use the arrow key to highlight Yes, > then press enter.  If you get another box saying OK, > press enter,

Your computer should restart to the Desktop.

It is not a problem if instruction are not clear, just let us know. 

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Okkok ill try

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
This is how my BIOS. Looks like...i just clicked on load defaults then ok the apply then exit... then it shows the dell logo and then this next picture
Btw just a random question,is dell known for this type of problem or it happens to every laptop prone to this..

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Edited by Elton yu, 03 April 2015 - 07:02 AM.