Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random BSOD Windows 7

Best Answer Ztruker , 01 April 2015 - 06:46 PM

The dump indicates avwebg7.exe is the cause. This belongs to Avira anti-virus. You can try uninstalling the reinstalling Avira or uninstall then switch to a different Av program like Microsoft Secu... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Mayko

Mayko

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Today was the first BSOD I have had in many years. The only new hardware I have installed was a GTX 750 TI FTW Edition, but that was about two months ago now. I was simply watching a stream on Twitch when it BSODed to the following error. I have the minidump included as well.     0x0000003B, 0x00000000C0000005, 0xFFFFF88001439717, 0xFFFFF8800E5A2300, 0x00000000000000000.

*EDIT* I had a second BSOD on the same website shortly after the restart. The System Exception again, but the parameters were this time. 0x0000003B, 0x00000000C0000005, 0xFFFFF8800143BE4E, 0xFFFFF8800C9A2410, 0x00000000000000000.

If need be I can include the second dump, as well as a dxdiag, and whatever other information is needed.

Attached Files

Edited by Mayko, 01 April 2015 - 01:56 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Hello Mayko,

To begin with we need the dump files, once we have them, to save some time I will post some further steps for you to do while we look at the dump files;

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.
2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.
3. Upload the zip folder using the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
✓  Best Answer

The dump indicates avwebg7.exe is the cause. This belongs to Avira anti-virus. You can try uninstalling the reinstalling Avira or uninstall then switch to a different Av program like Microsoft Security Essentials, Kaspersky, Avast, etc.

Mayko

Mayko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

I will uninstall, and try to replicate the BSOD. I really just use malwarebytes once a week. Would Windows defender be good enough? It's been so long since I have had malware issues I don't know if it is any better.

*EDIT* Alright, I did the above, and ran CCleaner just to clear up what was left. It seems to be find at the moment, but It was happening on a certain stream on Twitch the first two times. Is it possible to leave this open until tomorrow when I can try that one?

Edited by Mayko, 01 April 2015 - 07:22 PM.

Mayko

Mayko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Alright, sorry for the double post, but I have been able to test it all over night. With the same parameters as before there is no issue. Thank you very much for all of the help. I haven't had a BSOD in so long I was worried.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Good news and hopefully the issue is resolved, you have not mentioned installing an alternative AV so if not done, choose one of the two good, free AV protection softwares below;

Avast! free Antivirus to the bottom left here or MSE from here

Be sure to always create a new restore point before installing any new software etc.

You are welcome btw  :)

Mayko

Mayko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Alright, Thank you very much for all of the help. I will get MSE, as Avast's interface pushes me away like the new Malwarebytes does. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

You are welcome Mayko  :)

Let us know when MSE has been installed and whether or not you are happy with the performance of the computer.

Mayko

Mayko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Ah, I am very happy with how it is running now. No more issues for now =P. Thank you both very much for the help, and the fix.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

You are most welcome and thank you for the follow up Mayko  :thumbsup: