Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Good tool for sharing what's on a PC or what's running?

• Please log in to reply

hanseric

hanseric

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Currently trying to help a tech help me. He's asking me what other programs were running when I have problems with the app he's helping me with.

Is there an application that will output that data? I'll run it when I hit the problem and have it take a snapshot for me of what other apps are running and then I can send the tech that list.

Also, I seem to remember there is one that will make it easy to share a profle of the PC with another person without giving away registry keys and the like. Thought I heard about it here but I can't remember what it's called.

Advertisements

Caliburn

Caliburn

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

There may be an easier way, but I'd do this for listing all processes.

1. Hold Windows+R to open the run prompt
  2. Type "cmd"
  3. Use the "cd" command to navigate to the directory in which you wish to save the log (example: cd C:\Logs)
  4. Type in tasklist >> nameoflog.txt
  5. Then simply send him the log

Edited by Caliburn, 01 April 2015 - 12:59 PM.

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

MINITOOLBOX is a pretty good tool to help troubleshoot remote issues.  It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but I don't have any other suggestions.

sdmayhem

sdmayhem

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

teamviewer simple remote connection software that you can also use to transfer files works well and the site use to offer a way of connection through the site without having to download the software. I would post a link but im currently dealing with a phishing type virus that keeps redirecting me through a proxy that doesn't work but still means that its using alternate means to get in and out of my computer since apps can still connect to the internet just at slower rates.

Edited by sdmayhem, 02 April 2015 - 02:24 AM.

Caliburn

Caliburn

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Link to compliment the above post: http://download.team...er_Setup_en.exe

sdmayhem

sdmayhem

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

I still recommend not even installing the program and running it straight from the site the links are all on the main page.

Caliburn

Caliburn

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

I still recommend not even installing the program and running it straight from the site the links are all on the main page.

If it's a one-time thing yes, but I'd tend to install it if I were to use it more than once.

hanseric

hanseric

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Thanks everyone!