Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Insert Guest Additions not working on VirtualBox

• Please log in to reply

jaco1

jaco1

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 782 posts

Okay I now have installed Windows 7 on VirtualBox but nothing happens when I click insert guest additions. Also I do not see an option to install guest additions like I have with other systems.

Any idea about this and how to resolve this? I need this so I can have screen that fits with the VBox.

Thanks.

Advertisements

Caliburn

Caliburn

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Do you see the disc inserted on File Explorer (within the VM)? If not, try inserting the disc into the virtual drive manually (the path is InstallDirectory\VBoxGuestAdditions.iso)

jaco1

jaco1

GeekU Junior

• Topic Starter
  • GeekU Junior
  • 782 posts

I have decided to install Windows 7 on VMware Player for now as that is what worked last time. Thanks anyway.