Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COD won't download maps from other servers

• Please log in to reply

jspiers

jspiers

• Pip
  • 2 posts
OK, i recently had some horrible spyware and had to format my hard drive to get rid of it. Before doing this, I could play COD with no problems at all and it would automatically download any new maps that the server was using when I played online. Before I forget to mention, yes, I have the autodownload option turned on in the multiplayer options. Long story short, now when a new map begins to load in MP and I don't have it, it goes to the download screen and attempts to download the file. It stays at 0% though and won't move. The screen kind of flickers occasionally like it is starting over trying to DL the map. Any ideas? It really stinks cause I can't play alot of the new custom maps that other servers have in their rotation.

Advertisements

jspiers

jspiers

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
So, I tried it out some more. I finally got it to download a few maps from other servers. Seem like it works then doesn't.

Also, I'm having problems in big maps with a jumpy screen. It generally only occurs in the big maps. I have all the settings low.