Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED

cannot connect

• Please log in to reply

mariaj

mariaj

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Hi there, My sister as given me a HP Pavilion that's working on windows xp. Everything was working fine until a couple of days ago. Now for some reason I am unable to connect to the internet. I do have a wireless connection that shows it is connected but when I try to go on to any web site it comes up with "Unable to connect to the internet" when I hit the details button it says "error code: ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED. Any help welcome please. Many thanks in advance, Maria

Advertisements

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Hello mariaj,

I have a few questions to help us get started on troubleshooting your issue:

1)  Can you recall if anything changed between when it worked normally and when you noticed the problem?  (updated driver, hardware/software installation, etc?)

2)  Does this happen with other devices on the network?

3)  Does the problem occur when using a hard-wired connection?

4)  What browser(s) are you experiencing this issue on? (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc?)

mariaj

mariaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

hi there, there as been no changes at all. All other laptops pcs and mobiles are working perfectly well. I have tried to connect with a earthnet cable but the problem is still the same. I have installed google chrome,

many thanks maria

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

mariaj,

Thanks for answering those questions.  A few more things I would like to clarify:

1)  When you tried the cable, you're sure the cable is in good working condition? (possibly came from another device on your network?)  I know it sounds tedious, but I want to ensure the cable was a known good one.  :prop:

2)  Does the same error occur on Internet Explorer?  Or only Chrome?

Something to try:

1)  If you will, please right click (or double click?) at the bottom right of task bar on the icon to open the available wireless networks.

2)  Locate your wifi network, right-click(?) it and remove it.

3)  Once removed, reboot the computer and try connecting again.

mariaj

mariaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

removing and connecting the wifi seems to have done the trick. thankyou so very much

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Excellent, I'm glad to hear it!  :spoton:

Thanks for updating us and letting us know it solved your problem!

alizecamp

alizecamp

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I just want to share my story about this error. I've faced this error on my Google Chrome browser in a couple months ago. At that moment, I don't really know how to solve this problem.

But I found a good solution from Google and in my case, the cause is on the LAN settings of my computer. It makes all of my computer unable to access to the Internet. In the previous time, I have used a proxy on my computer, but forgot to remove it from LAN settings. When it's dead, my computer unable to use Internet as the configuration still re-route all connection through this proxy.

Anyway, if you have the same problem like me, don't forget to check the LAN settings. Maybe you aren't set up a proxy on LAN settings. But some programs may set it up.

Source: Techfor.us

Jason383

Jason383

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Use below Command to fix the ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED error on chrome,

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /renew

Solution 2: http://www.wiknix.co...onnected-error/

alizecamp

alizecamp

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I just want to share my story about this error. I've faced this error on my Google Chrome browser in a couple months ago. At that moment, I don't really know how to solve this problem.

But I found a good solution from Google and in my case, the cause is on the LAN settings of my computer. It makes all of my computer unable to access to the Internet. In the previous time, I have used a proxy on my computer, but forgot to remove it from LAN settings. When it's dead, my computer unable to use Internet as the configuration still re-route all connection through this proxy.

Anyway, if you have the same problem like me, don't forget to check the LAN settings. Maybe you aren't set up a proxy on LAN settings. But some programs may set it up.

Source: Techfor.us

The old link is broken. I just want to update the new one for users who still facing this error in Google Chrome.

https://usefulpcguid...t_disconnected/

reekjohns

reekjohns

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This error basically means that your browser is unable to establish internet connection to the host. The primary reason for getting this error is because your computer itself is not connected to the internet. This particular error message err_internet_disconnected belongs to Google Chrome and there are various reasons leading to this error, includes computer issue, or web server issue or Network setting , Internet connections, etc. It doesn't matter, you can take the appropriate solution to fix it. The following article can gives you some specific advice to solve this issue. 

• Try a different web browser
  • Check your cables
  • Check your WiFi connection
  • Check Your LAN Settings
  • Delete WLAN Profiles
  • Disable Antivirus and Firewall
  • Restart Your Router

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Thanks for your comments reeksjohns and for the link.

Please bear in mind that you are replying to a four and a half year old topic....

It's as well to check the date(s) on the posts when replying as often the OP has moved on.

Regards

paws