Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My cursor just turned into a comb and my patience is thinning

• Please log in to reply

jeffwj12

jeffwj12

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

I have an HP Laptop running window 8.1. I've had issues for some time now. All problems are getting worse and more frequent. 

1. JUST RECENTLY MY MOUSE TURNED INTO 'COMB' OR STACKED HORIZONTAL LINES. This has makes the mouse really jerky and spastic. Prior to this unwanted changed my cursor would randomly freeze. I couldn't move the mouse around but I could sometimes bring up the drop down menu and if I could move something select-able underneath the mouse using the directional arrows, I could select it. CTRL+ALT+DEL, or pressing the windows button repeatedly 
  2. AVG's scan has never found anything dangerous but has over 100 strange notifications--- These notifications are stuff that locked such as:: public files, 'InstallShield Installation Information', my documents, almost all of AVG's files are locked, 'hidden extensions' to windows apps, system volume and the list goes on
  3. My computer is SLOW!!!------ I don't understand why my computer is so slow even when I cant see any programs going. In task manager 'Disk' and 'memory' are always at red or 100.
  4. AVG, MALWAREBYTES, AND MCSHIELD SHOW NOTHING WRONG.

So what it boils down to is I suspect that there is something wrong with my computer but I can't pinpoint what. I'd like to make my computer faster and more secure. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

JWJ

Advertisements