Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

elitefbn32.exe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

geojedi

geojedi

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I keep getting popups at random times, and am seeing this in my hijackthis...... And i cant remove it. can anyone help me please..... I have run spywareblaster, hijackthis, ad-aware SE, Spybot-SD and reg-mechanic....... with no success, it is a clean install of windows XP after a rebuild using Powermax. But i still am having problems.

Advertisements

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Hi geojedi and welcome to the Geeks to Go Forums.

My name is Trevuren and I will be helping you with your log.

1. Go to Geeks to Go
. Click on My Controls at the top right hand corner of the window. (make sure you have signed in first)
. In the left hand column, click "View Topics"
. If you click on the title of your post, you will be taken there

2. Also, while at the My Controls page, check the box to the right of your post and then scroll down.
.Where it says "unsubscribe" click the pull-down menu and select "immediate email notification"

3. Please DELETE your current HJT program from its present location, unless you are sure that it is in its proper location (It will go faster if you just delete it).

4. Download and run the following HijackThis autoinstall program from Here HJT needs to be in its own folder so that the program itself isn't deleted by accident. Having the backups could be VITAL to restoring your system if something went wrong in the FIX process!

A. Close ALL windows except HJT

B. SCAN with HJT and SAVE LOG. (a notepad window will open with the log in it when you click Save Log) (Ctrl-A to'select all', Ctrl-C to 'copy')

C. POST the log in this thread using 'Add Reply' (Ctrl-V to 'paste')

DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS MOST OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO THE FUNCTION OF YOUR COMPUTER

Regards,

Trevuren

geojedi

geojedi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:57:21 PM, on 6/12/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\ApacheMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\Apache.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\taskmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\mark\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1S053DQW\HijackThis[1].exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ranksnet.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.lavasoft....s/product/info/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [checkrun] C:\windows\system32\elitefbn32.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Monitor Apache Servers.lnk = C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\ApacheMonitor.exe
O23 - Service: Apache2 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\Apache.exe" -k runservice (file missing)
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Please redo steps #3, #4, #5

It is essential that you follow all my instructions if we are to have any chance of succeeding.

Regards,

Trevuren

geojedi

geojedi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Scan saved at 11:29:30 PM, on 6/12/2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ranksnet.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.lavasoft....s/product/info/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [checkrun] C:\windows\system32\elitefbn32.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Monitor Apache Servers.lnk = C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\ApacheMonitor.exe
O23 - Service: Apache2 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\Apache.exe" -k runservice (file missing)
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
1. Please download this tool: LQfix.zip

2. Unzip it to your Desktop. Don't use it yet!

3. IMPORTANT! Reboot the computer into Safe Mode (tap F8 during bootup, use arrow keys to select Safe Mode, then hit 'enter').

4. Doubleclick LQfix.bat that you saved on your desktop before.
A doswindow will open and close again, that is normal.

5. Reboot into normal mode and scan with HijackThis. Post the new log as a reply to this thread.

Regards,

Trevuren

geojedi

geojedi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Scan saved at 11:46:54 PM, on 6/12/2005

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\xiaiawd.exe
c:\boot.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://searchmiracle.com/sp.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://searchmiracle.com/sp.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://searchmiracle.com/sp.php
O2 - BHO: &EliteBar - {28CAEFF3-0F18-4036-B504-51D73BD81ABC} - C:\WINDOWS\EliteToolBar\EliteToolBar version 60.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &EliteBar - {825CF5BD-8862-4430-B771-0C15C5CA8DEF} - C:\WINDOWS\EliteToolBar\EliteToolBar version 60.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Security GManagers] xiaiawd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [checkrun] c:\windows\system32\elitednl32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft Security GManagers] xiaiawd.exe

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
1. Download this tool: LQfix.zip

2. Unzip it to your Desktop. Don't use it yet!

3. IMPORTANT! Reboot the computer into Safe Mode (tap F8 during bootup, use arrow keys to select Safe Mode, then hit 'enter').

4. Doubleclick LQfix.bat that you saved on your desktop before.
A doswindow will open and close again, that is normal.

5. Reboot into normal mode and scan with HijackThis. Post the new log as a reply to this thread.

Regards,

Trevuren

geojedi

geojedi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I did what you asked, and the previous log is the result.....

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Try this next, if you are sure that you run the previous procedure in SAFE MODE as directed:

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order in which they are mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.

* Download to desktop but don't run yet:

WinsockXPFix

* Copy the text in bold to Notepad, and save in a location of your choice as Fix.reg (make sure you save as type: 'all files')

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ohbbackup]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"kalvsys"=-

* Reboot into safe mode by tapping F8 at boot, then use the up/down arrows to select safe mode

* Manually find and delete :

- the ENTIRE contents of the C:\Documents and Settings\"Your User Name"\Local Settings\Temp folder

- the EliteToolBar folder in C:\Windows

- The C:\Windows\System32\Error.dat file. if you have it.

NOTE: To avoid the risk of any of the above not being found due to them having the 'Hidden' attribute, show all files as follows:
Click Start.
Open My Computer.
Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
Select the View Tab. Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
Click Yes to confirm.
Click OK.

* Now go to Start > Run, and type Cmd then press Enter > The Command window opens

* Copy the following line:

DEL /F /Q "%windir%\system32\Kalv***32.exe"

RIGHTclick your mouse in the Command Window. The line you've copied will get pasted into the command window. Subsequently press the ENTER button.

* Next, still in Safe Mode, Run hijackthis again with no Windows Apps or Browser windows open, Scan, and checkmark/fix the following lines:

* Now Doubleclick Fix.reg you saved earlier, and answer yes when prompted to add its contents to the Registry.

* Now run WinsockXPFix
When you run the program, create ReG-Backup onto desktop then click fix. That way, if you lose Internet Connectivity you can restore from that backup to get back online and we can try a different approach.

* When you're done, start your computer normally, and post a fresh log.

Regards,

Trevuren

geojedi

geojedi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Well that seems to have done it....... I hope, the log deffin. looks better, and so far I have no popups.....

I will keep you informed

Scan saved at 12:41:25 AM, on 6/13/2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\ApacheMonitor.exe

geojedi

geojedi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I am sorry to say that I still have a problem....... No popups, or other problems like it, but Now since fixing those issues I now cant open My taskmanager.......

Any ideas???

geojedi

geojedi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I appolgize, I must be tired, But it is fine now....... Thank you for all your help, I think you can look forward to a donation from me.

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
1. Until I can find a solution,you can try out the program below which is much better that what Windows gives :you:

http://www.sysintern...ssExplorer.html

2. If that doesn't help try the following:

. Close all browser windows and RUN HijackThis.
. Click the SCAN button to produce a log.
. Click the Config button located in the lower right hand corner of the HijackThis window.
.When the new screen opens, find and click the Miscellaneous Tools button then choose the [u]Open Process Manager button

[b]Regards,

Trevuren